In Fall 2020, CSUSM conducted its first ever campus wide sustainability survey. The purpose of the survey is to assess our campus’ knowledge and attitudes towards sustainability. In addition, the survey satisfies our Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS) reporting. We will continue to conduct a longitudinal survey to evaluate our progress every two years.
CSUSM Sustainability Survey 2020
58% Students, 29% Staff, 13% Faculty
- 29% Knew the 3 pillars of Sustainability
- 68% Could define Carbon Footprint
- 79% Are interested in Sustainability
- 7% Choose plant based meals over meat
- 66% Often see their peers modeling sustainable behaviors
Strengths & Opportunities
Our campus is knowledgeable in the concept of Sustainability and Environmental Justice.
Increase the number of conversations about Sustainability in the courses and with peers.