Who We Are
The Sustainability Program is housed within Safety, Health, and Sustainability (SHS). The Sustainability Manager spearheads the holistic sustainability efforts at CSUSM. SHS spearheads curricular and co-curricular efforts, connecting social justice and diversity to sustainability, student engagement, service learning and internship opportunities and coordinates efforts across campus.
SHS partners with various operational and academic departments, working groups and individuals dedicated to achieving our campus sustainability goals.
- Associated Students Incorporated (ASI)ASI has an elected Student At Large for Sustainability who works within ASI and students across campus to help create a culture of sustainability. ASI also has a Sustainability Projects Fund. This annual grant is awarded to students who are looking to develop projects that help CSUSM reach our sustainability goals. The Cougar Pantry is also part of ASI and is striving to provide basic needs for students in the most sustainable manner possible.
- Energy Management and Utility Services (EMUS)EMUS oversees many of our resource conservation sustainability goals. They manage the day to day operational efforts as it relates to energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Facility Services (FS)The Facility Services department houses all the folks who are behind the scenes making the campus run smoothly. They oversee our landscape efforts, ensure our hydration stations are functioning properly, keep the campus clean and pitch in where needed. They assist with our zero waste goal from an operational standpoint and are always willing to assist where needed.
- Office of Inclusive Excellence (OIE)Ensuring social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion are part of sustainability is a top priority. Sustainability partners with OIE to increase our efforts related to making the connection between social justice and sustainability.
- Parking and Commuter Services (PACS)Alternative Transportation efforts come from PACS. Our commuter programs, such as the Sprinter, ZipCar, Biking and Carpooling efforts are managed by PACS.
- Sustainability Advisory Committee (SAC):The CSUSM Sustainability Advisory Committee is made up of students, staff, and faculty from across campus. The SAC was instrumental in developing the Sustainability Master Plan. If you are interested in participating in the SAC, please contact email@example.com.