How to Apply
The Peer Advisor application will be available on Handshake (CSUSM's student job portal) until February 27. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview the week of March 7, 2022.
- Make sure you meet the Peer Advisor Position Qualifications
- Apply and submit the following through Handshake:
- Cover Letter
- Student Application (upload and submit under Transcripts)
- Supplemental Questions (upload and submit under Other Documents)
- Why are you interested in being a Peer Advisor?
- What do you hope to gain from the Peer Advising experience?
- Please list your available work hours for Spring 22 and Summer 22.
Please do not indicate "see resume".
A 5-10 minutes presentation is required during the interview process. Facilitate a
presentation on one of the following campus policies, including the definition of
the policy. See the campus catalog/websites for assistance: http://catalog.csusm.edu/
- Academic Probation and/or Disqualification
- Course repeat policy
- Components of Graduation Requirements
- How to use the Academic Requirements Report (ARR)
- How to use Degree Planner
- Withdrawal policy
After a thorough definition, include:
- How do you see yourself implementing and sharing this information with fellow students
in the Peer Advisor role.
- What is your communication style?
- What would be important to relay so the student feels informed and understood?
- You are welcomed and encouraged to use the Career Center services to help with your
resume, cover letter, interview skills, etc. as you apply.