Pre-Business Core Courses
- The completion of the lower-division Pre-Business Core is required for Business Status.
- The lower-division Pre-Business Core are prerequsites for all upper-division Business courses.
|Course ID||Course Name|
|ACCT 201*||Financial Accounting|
|ACCT 202*||Managerial Accounting (Prerequisite: ACCT 201)|
|BUS 202*||Business Law|
|BUS 203*||Business Writing (Prerequisite: GEW 101B)|
|BUS 204*||Business Statistics|
|MATH 132||Survey of Calculus|
*Any courses completed more than 10 years ago must be repeated.
Important Things to Know:
- These courses may be taken at a Community College. Please refer to assist.org to find course equivalents.
- The minimum acceptable grade in every Pre-Business and Business course is a 'C'.
- The minimum acceptable Pre-Business Core GPA is a 2.65.
- If your GPA falls between 2.5 and 2.65, you may be subject to a waitlist for business status. Students who have been placed on the business status waitlist are encouraged to repeat courses in which a C was earned in order to raise your GPA.
- The minimum Pre-Business GPA is subject to change each academic year.
- Your Degree Planner will display requirements in the University’s recommended sequence.