The Office of Academic Advising provides virtual, phone and in-person Academic Advising Appointments to our matriculated undergraduate students.
Reminder: We do not offer scheduled appointments during the Add/Drop period so we are able to serve more students during peak enrollment. Instead, please utilize our virtual and in-person drop-in services (no appointment necessary).
- How to Schedule an Appointment
- Appointment Guidelines
Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated undergraduate students.
- Advising Appointments will not be offered during Drop-in periods: Drop-in Advising
- New Students must complete the Enrollment Tutorial prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Keep your contact information updated in your myCSUSM!
- A photo ID is required to check-in to an in-person appointment.
- Appointments can be made 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointments will not display further out than 14 days in advance.
- Check back for openings daily.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive an immediate confirmation email.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Students may not schedule more than one appointment per week.
- Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment (including teleconference appointments) without a FERPA Release [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act]
- Virtual Advising Appointments
Virtual Advising Appointments will be held in MS Teams. Prior to your Virtual Advising Appointment, please do the following:
- Canceling Appointments
If you must cancel your appointment, please do so before your scheduled appointment time.
- Instructions on how to cancel an appointment (pdf)
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, the Office of Academic Advising enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather, it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes after their scheduled appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.