The Office of Academic Advising will be offering Virtual Advising Appointments to our matriculated undergraduate students. Appointments will be conducted in Microsoft
Teams. Be sure to read the "Prior to your Appointment" instructions before to your
appointment. Instructions - How to Schedule an Appointment.
Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated undergraduate students.
- New Students must complete the Enrollment Tutorial prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Keep your contact information updated in your myCSUSM!
- A photo ID is required to check-in to an in-person appointment.
- Appointments can be made 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointments will not display further out than 14 days in advance.
- Check back for openings daily.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive an immediate confirmation email.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Students may not schedule more than one appointment per week.
- Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment (including teleconference
appointments) without a FERPA Release [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act]
If you must cancel your appointment, please do so before your scheduled appointment
No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, the Office of Academic Advising
enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather,
it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes after their scheduled
appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit
their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.