The Office of Academic Advising will be offering Virtual Advising Appointments to our matriculated undergraduate students. Appointments will be conducted in Microsoft Teams.
Advising Appointments will not be offered during Drop-in Advising periods (this is why you will not see appointment availability in May and June). Please take advantage of our Drop-in Advising if you need to meet with an Advisor.
- How to Schedule an Appointment
- Appointment Guidelines
Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated undergraduate students.
- Advising Appointments will not be offered during Drop-in periods: Drop-in Advising
- New Students must complete the Enrollment Tutorial prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Keep your contact information updated in your myCSUSM!
- A photo ID is required to check-in to an in-person appointment.
- Appointments can be made 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointments will not display further out than 14 days in advance.
- Check back for openings daily.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive an immediate confirmation email.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Students may not schedule more than one appointment per week.
- Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment (including teleconference appointments) without a FERPA Release [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act]
- Canceling Appointments
If you must cancel your appointment, please do so before your scheduled appointment time.
- Instructions on how to cancel an appointment (pdf)
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, the Office of Academic Advising enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather, it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes after their scheduled appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.