Course Substitution Form
On rare occasions, students have taken coursework outside of the California Community College system that may meet major specific requirements. If you have taken courses at another institution*, that you believe satisfies a major or minor requirement, please submit the following Course Substitution Form.
Course Substitution Guidelines:
- Do not submit a form to have a general education course reviewed.
- Do not submit a request to have a California Community College course reviewed (exception: Kinesiology Majors may submit a form for lower-division coursework from a California Community College).
- Lower-division courses may not be reviewed for an upper-division requirement (exception: Liberal Studies majors may submit a form for lower-division coursework from a California Community College).
- Please submit a new form for each course you would like to have reviewed.
- A request does not guarantee approval.
- Do not submit a request to have a course reviewed from Mira Costa College, Mount San Jacinto College or Palomar College. These colleges have detailed articulation agreements and alternate courses will not be considered.
Before you begin, be ready to upload:
- Your unofficial transcript reflecting the course you took, including the final grade,
- The course syllabus,
- The link to the department of the alternate course, and
- The link to the institution in which you took the course.