- Have Classified status and be in good academic standing with no conditions.
- Read and understand the list of available projects.
- Obtain the permission of a tenured or tenure-track Computer Science faculty to act
as the student’s advisor per the below timeline:
- Upon completion of 9 units toward the degree
- Prior to the completion of 18 units toward the degree
- Must be before working on the last 12 units of your degree
- Work with your advisor to come up with the plan of study for the cumulative experience
(i.e. project or thesis):
- A project or thesis proposal must be prepared.
- The format and the content of the proposal will be decided by your advisor.
- After your advisor approves the proposal, work with your advisor to choose another
tenured or tenure-track CSIS faculty to be on the committee:
- One additional member may be added to provide expertise in the research area.
- Complete the Advising Sheet and submit to the Graduate Coordinator of Computer Science.
- Complete an Advancement to Candidacy Form, attach your proposal and submit to the Computer Science Graduate Coordinator.
Travel Money: While working on your thesis or project, if you need to go to a conference check out Graduate Studies for information.