How to Book A Campsite
If you've already done some research, you would have seen that there is no one way
to go camping. There are tons of options varing from RV sites, to state and national
parks, even private property. So where to start?
Choose Where You Want to Go
Deciding where you'd like to travel to and see helps narrow in on the options you'll
have around that location. Let's say you want to go to the desert. Joshua Tree National
Park seems like a neat spot and you've always wanted to explore that area. Since it
is a national park, you're first place to look is on recreation.gov. This site is typically your one-stop shop for any national or federal lands available
to the public.
If your area is not listed as a national park or federally owned, here are some other
- California State Parks: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/CaliforniaWebHome/
- National Parks, National Forests, RV parks, free camping, parking lots… you name
it, it’s on the list. https://www.campendium.com/
- Federal, state, provincial, private, and local government parks, campgrounds, and
conservation agencies in North America. https://www.reserveamerica.com/
- A Source for information on free camping and boondocking locations https://freecampsites.net/
- Private landowners primarily list campsites, glampsites, RV space, cabins for users
to discover and book based on listing type, location, landscape, activities offered,
and amenities. https://www.hipcamp.com/
- You can also go to the Parks website, and they should provide a link to there reservations
- Some parks are strictly "first come first serve" - Be sure to do your research!
Things to Note
- Most national parks are on many folks list, so if you want to visit Yosemite, be prepared
to book 6 months in advance & wake up earlier/stay up late to get the dates you want!
- If your looking to make a road trip out of it, planning in advance is recommended.
You can use https://roadtrippers.com/ to map out your route and check out different stops along the way!
If you have any questions, we're always here to help:
Phone: (760)750- 6001 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org