Group Fitness Classes
Our group fitness classes will get you moving and keep you coming back. These weekly classes are a great way to keep yourself motivated to keep working out with a group of fun, energetic people!
Register for Group Fitness Classes (you must register every semester):
Group Fitness Class Registration
Group Fitness Class Schedule - Summer 2023
Location: CFH 113
Mid-day Yoga- Level 1
Mid-day Yoga- Level 2
Location: CFH 113
Location: CFH 113
- All Campus Recreation Group Fitness Classes are available for CSUSM Faculty/Staff and Students
- Participation in Campus Recreation Group Fitness Classes are at no cost for CSUSM Faculty/Staff and Students as a service to the campus community. If a user wanted to access the Fitness Center, beyond REC fitness classes they will have to sign up to pay a CFH monthly membership fee.
- In-person classes, locations are specified for each class
Class locations and/or times may be subject to change
- Virtual classes can be found on the website under "Virtual Group Fitness Classes"
- New classes will be offered/uploaded each week. All classes will be pre-recorded and uploaded to the website during their respected day/time.
For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
*Note: Not all classes are offered every semester, please see schedule above for current classes being offered.
Is a fun, energetic, workout that fuses techniques from Dance, Pilates, and Yoga that will tone, define and chisel the whole body. Bootybarre is the perfect combination of strength and flexibility with an added cardiovascular element utilizing the barre.
- Circuit TrainingIs a form of body conditioning or endurance training or resistance training using high intensity aerobics. It targets strength building and muscular endurance. An exercise "circuit" is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program. When one circuit is complete, one begins the first exercise again for the next circuit. Traditionally, the time between exercises in circuit training is short, often with rapid movement to the next exercise.
Indoor Cycling offers a fun, high energy stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. Focus is placed on completing long cruise intervals for aerobic endurance, facing stretches of wind resistance, short and long hill climbs, techniques to improve pedal stroke efficiency and building real riding skills. All fitness levels encouraged.
- CORE DE FORCE (CDF)
A MMA (mixed martial arts) styled workout designed to burn calories, burn fat, build lean muscle and sculpt the core using combinations from American boxing, Muay Thai, Karate, and Tae Kwan Do. Conditioning spikes incorporated with fighting combinations provide a HIIT workout with additional bodyweight strength training for a well-rounded workout.
*this is not a self-defense training class
- Full Body BootcampA high-intensity full-body cardio and strength conditioning class. This full-body workout will burn calories, build strength, and shape and tone your entire body! Don’t be afraid to sweat with this class!
Jazzercise is the original dance party workout! Blending dance with Pilates, yoga, kickboxing and strength training, one 50-minute session is bound to torch some calories and so much more!. The results? Long, lean muscles and an undeniable mood boost.
Jazzercise San Marcos Fitness Center
407 N. Twin Oaks Valley Rd. 104
San Marcos, CA 92069
(760)475-7426 | email@example.com
Call for a special student, and faculty/staff prizing!
This class focuses on learning and applying fundamental techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Students learn and practice submissions, escapes, positioning and self-defense.
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu San Marcos/Carlsbad
6108 Avenida Encinitas Suite C
- KickboxingKickboxing is a group fitness class that combines martial arts techniques with fast-paced cardio. This high-energy workout challenges the beginner and elite athlete alike. Build stamina, improve coordination and flexibility, and burn calories as you build lean muscle with this fun and challenging workout.
This class offers a workout to not only help you strengthen your core, but to offer relaxation & decrease stress. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced athlete, you will experience improved posture, a stronger core and the ability to correct muscle imbalances while calming your mind, boosting your self-confidence, and decrease stress.
Club Pilates San Marcos
904 West San Marcos Blvd 5
San Marcos, CA 92078
- PiYo®PiYo® combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga. And, we crank up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined.
- POUNDInstead of listening to music, you become the music in this exhilarating
full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training
with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. Using Ripstix®, lightly weighted
drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND transforms
drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out. Designed for all fitness levels, POUND® provides the perfect atmosphere for letting loose, getting energized, toning up and rockin’ out!
- Upper/Lower Body SculptFuel your metabolism by strengthening the body’s large muscles to make them leaner and tighter. Broken into an upper body concentration day and lower body concentration day, this high intensity strength training class is guaranteed to make you stronger and more sculpted!
- STRONG Nation®Stop counting the reps. Start training to the beat. STRONG Nation® combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. Every squat, every lunge, every burpee is driven by the music, helping you make it to that last rep, and maybe even five more. In each class you'll burn calories while toning arms, legs, abs and glutes. Plyometric or explosive moves like high knees, burpees, and jumping jacks are interchanged with isometric moves like lunges, squats, and kickboxing. STRONG Nation® instructors change up the music and moves frequently to make sure you’re always challenged to the max.
Start your day of right with some early morning yoga flow, or break up your day with a relaxing gentle yoga class, or even end your day playing with different poses as you explore your inner self! Experience a variety of postures designed to bring incredible strength, flexibility, and endurance to the body and a sense of stillness to the mind.
- Zumba®Zumba® is perfect for everybody and every body! We mix low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party (with incredibly Latin and world rhythms!). Zumba® is a total workout, combining all elements of fitness - cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class. No dance experience is needed!
- SOULFusion®SOULFusion® is a creative blend of yoga-inspired flows, short cardio bursts, balance sequences, and bodyweight and weighted strength training exercises all set to crazy fun music. It offers modifications for all levels in the group exercise environment. SOULFusion® trains strength, balance, and flexibility, and can help improve overall fitness levels. It is driven by music, movement, and motiation. SOULFusion® is all of your favorite workouts wrapped into ONE! MEET US ON YOUR MAT!