Department Chair & Program Director Resources
Department Chairs, AY 2023-24
- Dr. Matthew Escobar, Department Chair, Biological Sciences
- Dr. James Jancovich, Assistant Department Chair, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Moorthy Palanki, Program Director, Biotechnology
- Dr. Sajith Jayasinghe, Department Chair, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Dr. Ali Ahmadinia, Department Chair, Computer Science & Information Systems
- Dr. Simon Fan, Program Director, Software Engineering
- Dr. Amber Puha, Department Chair, Mathematics
- Dr. Gerardo Dominguez, Department Chair, Physics
- Dr. Reza Kamali-Sarvestani, Electrical Engineering
Temporary Change in Modality
A Temporary Change in Modality must be approved by the Department Chair and Dean for short periods. If there is an “Instructor in Charge” for the course, e.g. Math 101, all changes should be worked out with them before submission of this form. Stretches of change in modality longer than 2 weeks will require approval of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs as well. All approvals must be obtained prior to making the change where possible. Every effort should be made to disrupt the class as little as possible.
CSUSM Absence from Class
Please complete the CSUSM Absence from Class/Class Support form, sign it, and submit it to Courtney Dow, email@example.com at least one week prior to the anticipated absence from class, or as soon thereafter as possible, if the absence was due to illness or emergency. She will route the form to the Department Chair and the Dean and cc: you. If you have any issues with the signature, please send the completed form to Courtney for signature routing. Please ensure any all-day absences are entered into the CSUSM Absence Management System (PeopleSoft). You can enter your absence into the Absence Management System. A CSTEM analyst will verify absence entry and enter any unreported absence on your behalf during the monthly time reporting process.