Department Chair & Program Director Resources
Department Chairs, AY 2022-23
- Dr. Matthew Escobar, Department Chair, Biological Sciences
- Dr. William Kristan, Assistant Department Chair, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Moorthy Palanki, Program Director, Biotechnology
- Dr. Sajith Jayasinghe, Department Chair, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Dr. Ali Ahmadinia, Department Chair, Computer Science & Information Systems
- Dr. Simon Fan, Program Director, Software Engineering
- Dr. Amber Puha, Department Chair, Mathematics
- Dr. Gerardo Dominguez, Department Chair, Physics
- Dr. Reza Kamali-Sarvestani, Electrical Engineering
Temporary Change in Modality
A Temporary Change in Modality must be approved by the Department Chair and Dean for short periods. If there is an “Instructor in Charge” for the course, e.g. Math 101, all changes should be worked out with them before submission of this form. Stretches of change in modality longer than 2 weeks will require approval of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs as well. All approvals must be obtained prior to making the change where possible. Every effort should be made to disrupt the class as little as possible.
CSUSM Absence from Class
Absence from class for any reason should be reported on this form. Absence from class for reasons other than illness or emergency requires prior permission from the Department Chair. Classes should be canceled only in exceptional circumstances. Please complete the CSUSM Absence from Class form and submit to the Department Chair at least one week prior to the anticipated absence from class, or as soon thereafter as possible, if absence was due to illness or emergency. If the absence is due to illness, faculty need to complete a CSUSM Absence Report.