CSTEM Additional Employment (AE) and Assigned Time (AT)
Additional Employment & Assigned Time Request Form
This form is for faculty to report offers of Additional Employment (AE) and Assigned Time (AT).
- Reporting should include all offers of additional employment outside of the primary or normal appointment as well as any offer of assigned time during an academic semester or work period.
- This form is not an approval. It serves as a data collection tool for our staff to process or route the campus forms and record information correctly.
- Additional paperwork may need to be processed before employment may begin such as an Employment Authorization Form (EAF) or a fully executed Special Consultant Agreement.
- Up to three AE and/or AT can be reported on one form. To report additional AE or AT or make changes to earlier submissions, please submit a new form.
For additional information on Additional Employment, please visit Faculty Affairs – Additional Employment.
Guidelines and Information about Form Submission
- Will submit all offers of additional employment on this form at least 4 weeks prior to the anticipated start date.
- Will submit all offers of assigned time for each academic semester.
- Attach any memos to the form or email additional information to the Resource and Operations Analyst, Amy Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analyst Processing
- Reviews requests, compiles information, communicates with the faculty, PI/PD, admin staff or other appropriate staff to confirm all information provided, calculates work period workload, submits a request for approval through the campus process, e-files appropriate documents in PAF, and communicates approvals to appropriate staff. NOTE: PI/PD or project support staff will submit EAF for any employment for the CSUSM Corporation.
- Compiles and tracks all faculty workload.