Some courses in the Degree Planner will be labeled as ‘Required’ in Schedule Assistant. They are labeled this way because they are strongly recommended or required for that term of enrollment. For instance, classes that fulfill General Education Area A2 Written Communication and B4 Mathematics are marked as ‘Required’ for many first year students. You are strongly encouraged to enroll in these classes.
What do I do if all of the seats for the required classes are full?
If all seats are full, you can add yourself to the waitlist. This will also allow faculty to see that students are waiting for a seat in a required class.
1. Click SELECT on all lines in Degree Planner for Fall 2020
2. If after clicking SELECT, required classes display “Currently Full”
- Open Schedule Assistant (link on top of page)
- Click Change button on Course Status (very top of page)
- Choose Open and Full with Waitlist Open option to be placed on the Waitlist for required courses
- Then click Generate Schedules after pulling in all courses from Degree Planner
3. Click VIEW on your preferred schedule to then click Send to Shopping Cart
4. Import Cart
5. Under Class Preferences, check the Waitlist if Class is Fullbox.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Proceed to Step 2 or 3.
8. Click Finish Enrolling.
Your waitlist position number is displayed in the message. Check My Class Schedule to monitor waitlist position and enrollment status.