department menu

I have been admitted...

Congratulations on your provisional acceptance to CSUSM! Follow these important Next Steps to prepare for your first term at Cal State San Marcos. These steps are also available on your To Do list in MyCSUSM.

Submit Your Intent to Enroll & Enrollment Deposit

Your Intent to Enroll and the $150 Enrollment Deposit must be submitted by June 1.

Failure to submit the intent to enroll and enrollment deposit by June 1 will result in cancellation of your offer of admission.

You can submit your Intent to Enroll and pay the Deposit on MyCSUSM. Once you have logged in, select "Student Center," then select "Accept" or "Decline" for your fall application. If you select "Accept," you are required to complete all the steps to accept the offer of admission. Enable pop-ups on your web browser to proceed with making your payment online.

The $150 Enrollment Deposit is non-refundable and will apply toward your fall term tuition. The Enrollment Deposit will be waived only for students who qualified for a fee-waiver at the time of application.

Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships

To be considered for financial aid, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include the Cal State San Marcos school code, 030113.  You should also create your Cal Grant Application as soon as possible.

Updates regarding your financial aid application will be sent to your email and visible on your To Do list in MyCSUSM.

Additional information, including how to apply for scholarships, is available on the Financial Aid and Scholarships website.

Apply for Student Housing

Living on-campus is a great way to make friends and get connected to campus. Information about student housing and how to apply is available on the Housing website.  

Sign-up for Orientation

Orientation sessions are conducted between June and August. Once you submit your Intent to Enroll and pay the Enrollment Deposit you will be able to reserve an orientation date on MyCSUSM. More information about orientation reservations will be emailed to you in early spring.

Chemistry Proficiency Placement Exam (science and pre-med students only)

If you are a science or pre-med student, you must take the Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE) in May or June in order to enroll in General Chemistry (CHEM 150) your first semester. 

Submit Final Transcripts

A final official college transcript showing completion of all requirements for admission, including Spring grades, must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Student Outreach and received no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 15.

If you are earning an Associate Degree for Transfer from a community college in California this spring, the official transcript that is due by the July 15th must include your verified degree.

Failure to submit by July 15 will result in cancellation of your offer of admission.

Electronic delivery is the preferred delivery method.  Verify with your school if an electronic transcript is available.  Electronic transcripts can be provided through external or third party vendors (Credential Solutions, eTranscriptCA, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.).  When ordering your transcript, please choose California State University San Marcos as the intended recipient from the school name dropdown.  If California State University San Marcos is not listed, please use as the recipient email address.

If you select to mail your transcript, please ensure the transcript is in an envelope sealed by your school and addressed to:

Office of Admissions 
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA. 92096-0001

Fees & Tuition

You can find a current listing of fees, tuition, payment plans, and payment deadlines on the Student Financial Services website. You can make your payment on MyCSUSM, or in person at the Cashier’s Office in Cougar Central.  Visit  SFS Tuition/Fees for more information. It is your responsibility to check the payment deadlines for each term you attend CSUSM.

Immunization Requirements

Students born after January 1, 1957, must demonstrate proof of full immunization to Measles and Rubella. All first-time students, 18 or younger on August 1 of their entering academic year, are required to present proof of full-immunization against Hepatitis B. Proof must be submitted to Student Health Services before you can enroll in classes. Additional information, including how to submit proof, can be found on the Student Health and Counseling Services website. 

Contact Information:

Student Health & Counseling Services
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181

Disability Support Services

All students with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations are required to provide appropriate and recent documentation to the Office of Disability Support Services.  Reasonable accommodations will be provided based on a case-by-case analysis of each student’s disability and their functional limitations.  For information, contact DSS by calling (760) 750-4905 or send an email to

Purchase your Parking Permit

Purchase your parking permit online before your first day to avoid any parking citations.  Parking is enforced 24/7, even on the first day of classes.