About the Office of Inclusive Excellence
Dear campus community,
CSUSM’s new chief diversity officer, Dr. Aswad Allen, extends a warm welcome to fall semester to all students, faculty and staff, and invites you to watch the above video.
As we move forward together during this time, we are aware that many of us are touched by local, national and international challenges and tragedies, including the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please know that CSUSM has many support services and resources available to you.
In addition, many have expressed interest in how they can help with relief efforts in Afghanistan and Haiti, as well as those communities impacted by the California wildfires and Hurricane Ida. Below are some resource links that may be helpful.
CSUSM Support Services and Resources
- Student Health and Counseling Services
- Cougar Care Network
- Veterans Services
- Centers for Identity, Inclusion and Empowerment
· Black Student Center
· Cross-Cultural Center (CCC)
· Women and Gender Equity Center (WGEC)
· Latin@/x Center
· LGBTQA Pride Center
For all CSUSM community members
For those who wish to support aid efforts for recent national and world events, the following links may be helpful.
- The Washington Post has links to a number of organizations that are helping provide aid.
- NPR has links to a number of organizations supporting earthquake relief.
- USA Today has links to a number of organizations supporting those affected by the hurricane.
- American Red Cross
- KQED has links to support survivors of the Caldor Fire near Lake Tahoe.
Dr. Aswad Allen,
Chief Diversity Officer