About the Major:
The Special Major allows highly motivated students the opportunity to develop an individualized
program of study that cannot be realized within a single academic discipline or available
major. The special major consists of a closely monitored program of study in two or
Steps to Propose and Declare a Special Major:
- Review the Special Major Student Learning Outcome.
- Review the Conditions for a Special Major.
- Review the Restrictions of a Special Major.
- After you have completed the above steps and you feel you are qualified to pursue
a Special Major, email Dr. Domenica Pearl with your proposed Special Major concept, goals and objectives.
- If it is determined your concept is potentially acceptable, you will be referred to
the Special Major Program Director for final approval and to develop your program
- If the Special Major Program Director approves your proposed Special Major, you must
officially declare the Special Major by completing the Change of Major/Minor Form.
- Once you have completed the Change of Major/Minor Form, you must turn it in to Dr. Domenica Pearl as a scanned document via email or you may drop it off at the Undergraduate Advising Services front desk at Craven
- Dr. Pearl will submit your form to the Office of the Registrar for you. You will receive
an email communication from the Office of the Registrar once your major has been updated.