2021 Virtual Volunteer Registration
This César Chávez Day of Service opt for a "Day On, not a Day Off" by committing to serve at least one (1) hour or more to one of the following opportunities. No matter the time frame, we appreciate your willingness to serve community from home!
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Support Farmworkers with Your Virtual Engagement
- Fair World Project - Advocate for the global economy that includes fair wages for farmers and justice for workers by sending messages and signing petitions in support of farmworkers.
- Green America - Support a local or national organization that helps farm workers.
- Justice of Migrant Women - In the spirit of Women’s History Month, maybe make a donation drive for this organization.
- Solidary Center - Take action with one one of their cross-movement campaigns to challenge discriminatory systems and demand fair wages and safer workplaces.
- Additional Virtual Opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity Advocate Opportunities - Speak up on a particular issue such as inadequate housing.
- HandsOn San Diego - Offer one-on-one tutoring, create Art from the Heart to be mailed or knit scarves from home. HandsOn San Diego has a variety of virtual projects you can complete from home.
- Love it Forward - Send a note, drawing, origami, or collage to send a message of love and hope to someone in need.
- Operation Gratitude - Contribute to a care package by writing a thank you letter to military and first responders. Operation Gratitude will send you a letter writing kit to start!
- Words Alive! Page Turners - Read and review books from the Words Alive! recommendation list to determine which books should be added to their program curriculum.
Register Your Virtual Volunteer Experience
Disclaimer: Cal State San Marcos and the Day of Service Committee does not encourage in-person, direct-service volunteering. If you choose to on your own will, do so by following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and your local Health Department.