Dept. of Service Learning Goals
The Department of Service Learning is here to support faculty in the following ways:
- One-on-one consultation on syllabus design
- Customized community partner matching
- Service Learning workshops
- Mixers: semi-structured networking with approved community partners
- Processing required contracts and insurance for new community partners
- Classroom presentation led by student ambassadors (request a classroom presentation)
Virtual Service Learning Resources
Opportunities: Fall 2021 Service Learning Opportunities
Manage Course Placement with the Service Learning Database
The Service Learning and Internship Placement Database will allow you to:
- Narrow the sites associated with your course. When your students log in, they will only see the sites you determine. If you do nothing, students will default to seeing all Service Learning designated sites in the database.
- Monitor which students have successfully made a placement at a site.
- Email all students in your class with updates or reminders about Service Learning assignments.
For more detailed information about how to navigate the database, view the Faculty User Guide.
Fall 2022 Events
We will host virtual and in-person events for fall 2022. Learn about these events for students, faculy and community partners to connect with one another by viewing our Faculty Events page here. Share these events with your students and RSVP for them.
CSUSM Hybrid Campus Announcement
Due to current COVID-19 Federal, State and County restrictions, we strongly recommend that students search for and chose virtual service learning opportunities, when at all possible. If an in-person service learning opportunity is necessary to complete required hours, CSUSM students may participate in on-site service learning activities in the State of California provided the student and the organization follow current Federal, State, and County public health guidelines effective May 19, 2020. Organizations will be required to submit evidence they are in compliance with public health guidelines. If have any questions, please contact the Department of Service Learning and Civic Engagement.