Polices Related to Student Organizations
General Student Organization Policies
- CSU Executive Order 1068 (CSU Policy regarding Student Orgs)
- CSU Minimum Qualifications for Student Org Officers
- Hazing Information and Education
Recognized student organizations and their members represent the University and they have a responsibility to conduct themselves in such a manner as to give a favorable impression of California State University San Marcos to the public and to fellow students. In exchange for these privileges, the following minimum standards are required for all recognized organizations:
- Organization policies must be consistent with those of the University. This includes all policies, organization purpose, and regulations, including regulations involving non-discrimination and hazing.
- Select and maintain an authorized advisor from the Cal State San Marcos faculty or staff.
- Schedule all social functions and meetings according to the approved procedure for scheduling events.
- Maintain an active programming calendar (meetings, events, co-programming, and community service projects) that reflects the purpose of the organization as stated in the constitution.
- Assume responsibility for clean-up after on-campus and community events.
- Submit an accurate membership roster, list of officers and advisor to the Student Leadership & Involvement Center at the begining of each semester (and whenever changes are made).
- File one copy of the most recent version of the Organization's Constitution and Bylaws with the Student Leadership & Involvement Center (one copy of the national constitution must also be on file in the case of national affiliation).
- Send appropriate represenatives to the annual Student Organization Leadership Conference.
- Fiscally be in good standing with the University.
- Interim CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation
- Standards for Student Conduct
- CSUSM Student Conduct Website
- Food Safety Guidelines
- CSU Executive Order 966: Alcohol Sales and Advertising Policy
|Board Number||Building||Location||Description of Location|
|1||Outdoor||Founders Plaza||Courtyard Kiosk|
|2||Science Hall I||Second Floor||Across from Room 208|
|3||Academic Hall||First Floor||Breezeway Next to Room 102|
|4||Academic Hall||Second Floor||Next to Room 204|
|5||Academic Hall||Second Floor||Next to Room 211|
|6||Academic Hall||Third Floor||Outside Hallway|
|7||University Hall||Second Floor||Next to Room 271|
|8||University Hall||Second Floor||Next to Room 237|
|9||University Hall||Fourth Floor||Next to Room 444|
|10||Science Hall II||First Floor||Next to Room 109|
|11||Science Hall II||Second Floor||Next to Room 242|
|12||Science Hall II||Third Floor||Next to Room 309|
|13||Arts Building||First Floor||Next to Room 151|
|14||Arts Building||Second Floor||Outside Lobby next to Arts 240|
|15||Markstein Hall||First Floor||Lobby Across from Elevators|
|16||Markstein Hall||Second Floor||Lobby Across from Elevators|
|17||Markstein Hall||Third Floor||Lobby Across from Elevators|
Student organizations participating in must follow the following steps before travel begins:
- Notify the Student Leadership & Involvement Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org that travel with a student organization will occur.
- Each participant must complete a Release of Liability Waiver prior to traveling. If the student participant is a minor, the student's legal guardian(s) must complete the waiver.
- Each participant must complete a Student Conduct Agreement prior to traveling.
- Email a Student Organization Travel Roster and copy of the Release of Liability Waiver and Student Conduct Agreement for each participant to the Student Leadership & Involvement Center via email at email@example.com and to the University Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the student organization retains the original copy.
If these forms are not executed and submitted to SLIC and UPD prior to travel, CSUSM will not authorize or support travel.
CSU Executive Order 1041 (CSU Policy regarding student travel)
For questions, please contact the Coordinator of Student Involvement via email at email@example.com.