How to Enroll in Classes
Overview of Your Advising Tools
- Accessing Your Advising & Enrollment Tools (myCSUSM)
- Academic Requirements Report (ARR)
The ARR tracks all graduation requirements by indicating which are met, in progress, and needed. It is updated immediately upon changing major/minors, enrollment activity (including adding, dropping courses), posting of grades, and transfer credit. It is important to monitor the ARR regularly, as it is an official graduation evaluation.
- Using Your Degree Planner: Edit Preferences
Early each semester, tell us how many units you plan to take in the following semester by updating your Degree Planner. This helps the University prepare for your course needs.
- Using Your Degree Planner: Enrollment
Your Degree Planner is an interactive online tool you will use for course planning throughout your time at CSUSM.
Requirements for your major, minor (if applicable), and general education are displayed in a recommended sequence using information from your student record. It even recognizes the courses you've already taken at CSUSM, test credit, transfer credit, course substitutions, and prerequisites to recommend an education plan designed just for you! Your Degree Planner can be accessed in your Student Center in myCSUSM.
- Building Your Class Schedule (Schedule Assistant)The schedule assistant is an electronic tool that helps undergraduate students find open classes that are offered on days/times when they can attend school.
- Building Your Class Schedule (Alternative way without using Schedule Assistant)
Some students prefer enrolling into classes without the Schedule Assistant. You may choose to follow this set of alternative instructions: Enrolling Without the Schedule Assistant (PPTX)
- Completing the Enrollment Process
- Enrollment Tips