Grounded in the Social Change Model of Leadership and CSUSM’s Integrated Co-Curricular
Model, the Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) is designed to support your leadership,
interpersonal, career, and professional development through weekly workshops and campus
& civic engagement.
The TLC program gives students the opportunity to learn and explore leadership concepts
through real life experiences, both on and off campus, so that they can better understand
themselves as unique individuals. The program takes approximately 30 hours to complete
and must be completed within one year, but many students complete the program in one
Program Learning Outcomes:
- TLC graduates describe their personal identity and reflect about the importance of
diversity within leadership (teams, groups, workplace, etc.)
- TLC graduates will be able to provide at least one example of a leadership concept
they gained by participating in campus or civic engagement.
- TLC graduates will be able to articulate how a learned leadership concept influences
their world perspective.
- TLC graduates will set SMART goals relating to their career and/or major and articulate
if they were able to achieve these goals throughout the course of the TLC program.
Consider the shape there is no clear beginning or end. The scope of the circle may
change depending on context and the focus can be inward or outward. This is similar
to your leadership path, where you continue to gather skills and momentum.
Program Benefits & Highlights:
- You will earn a leadership certificate signed by President Haynes and a medal to wear
- You will be paired with a TLC graduate from the TLC Peer Leadership Team to support
- The TLC is free and open to any CSUSM student interested in learning about or developing
their personal leadership skills.
- The program can be completed in one semester or, if you join in Fall, you have two
semester to accommodate your schedule.
- You will connect to students from across disciplines.
- You will meet campus and community leaders who are interested in sharing their leadership
experiences with you.
- You will learn what your Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator is and career opportunities
that align with your personality.
- You will complete a real-life interview experience through regular Peer Leader meetings
and panel exit interview.