Make a Donation to School Of Education
Investing in the School of Education is a direct investment in the future. By donating, you're not just supporting an institution; you're empowering generations to come. Your contribution fuels a legacy of knowledge, innovation, and empowerment, shaping the minds and hearts of future educators, leaders, and change-makers. It enables us to provide cutting-edge resources, mentorship programs, and scholarships, ensuring that every aspiring educator has the opportunity to thrive. Together, we're building a stronger, more inclusive educational landscape that touches lives far beyond the classroom. Your donation is not just a gift; it's a powerful statement of belief in the transformative power of education. Join us in this vital mission and be a part of a brighter, more educated tomorrow.
Your Gifts Make a Significant Difference for...
- StudentsYour support provides scholarship support to deserving students, many of whom would not be able to get their teaching credentials without these gifts.
- FacultyYour support allows faculty to provide important outreach programs to the community, and improve their academic offerings.
- AlumniYour support sustains the prestige of the Cal State San Marcos teaching and graduate credentials. As our reputation grows, so does the respect and interest we get from the community.
- CommunityYour support ensures that community schools will continue to get the best trained teachers and administrators.
- The School of EducationYour support enables the School of Education to fulfill its mission to collaboratively transform education by preparing thoughtful educators and advancing professional practices.
Ways to Give to School of Education
- Give Cash
Send a check or money order (payable to CSUSM Foundation/SoE) to:
CSUSM University Advancement
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
- Give OnlineGiving online is simple, fast and has an immediate impact. Please visit the Giving page to make your donation.
Additional Ways You can Give to SOE
- Estate PlanningPlanned giving ensures that your giving options will continue beyond your lifetime. Many donors find they can make a greater contribution to their favorite charity with deferred giving plans. Planned giving options include naming Cal State San Marcos/School of Education as a beneficiary in your will, living trust, insurance policy, IRA, Keogh, 401 (k) or profit sharing plan.
- Gifts-in-KindThrough gifts-in-kind, a donor can help the School of Education strengthen its program and improve its facilities in order to offer the best possible educational experience to students. A gift-in-kind is a tangible item or product, which once donated can either be used by the university or sold to an outside party (where proceeds are then applied to philanthropic programs).
- Life InsuranceA gift of life insurance can provide a substantial tax deduction. You can either name School of Education as the irrevocable beneficiary of an existing policy, or purchase a new policy on behalf of the School of Education.
- Real EstateA gift of property entitles you to an income tax deduction for the property's fully appraised fair market value. Almost any marketable real estate is suitable for a charitable gift, including personal residences.
Making a gift of securities (stocks, bonds, or mutual funds) allows a donor to take a charitable deduction based on the full fair market value of the securities. You can avoid capital gains tax with a gift of appreciated stock.
The School of Education is pleased to offer a wide range of commemorative gift options for donors who wish to establish enduring tributes or permanent memorials to individuals, families or organizations. Opportunities also exist for donors to make gifts to the university in memory or honor of a loved one or friend.
Make a Donation to a Specific Cause
- Dr. Mark Baldwin Endowed Memorial ScholarshipThe Dr. Mark Baldwin Endowed Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to students in a Preliminary Credential program at the CSUSM School of Education. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
Your donation will be used to build the nucleus of the endowed scholarship fund. All that is needed to initiate a gift is either a donation or signed pledge agreement. In gratitude of your donation in memory of Mark, you will be recognized as one of the founding donors that established the endowed scholarship.
You can donate online immediately or contact Stacy Slagor, director of philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (760) 750-4402, for additional info & ways to make a gift. Thank you for your heartfelt remembrance of Mark’s legacy as an educator, scholar, leader and mentor.
- Emerging Scholars Program Funds
Invest in local K-12 educators who are urgently needed as school leaders to reflect and support the needs of today's diverse student population. Established with a generous donation from Dr. Delores B. Lindsey and Dr. Randall B. Lindsey, equity experts and best-selling authors, Emerging Leaders will improve education for all students through the power of inclusion and cultural proficiency.Your donation will support (1) Emerging Leaders Program & Training Fund for K-12 educators to attend the Equitable Schools training through the Center for Culturally Proficient Practice and earn 5 units of credit, and (2) scholarship for students who are pursuing their the Master of Arts in Educational Administration degree and a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC).
You can donate online immediately. Enter the School of Education Emerging Leaders program fund and/or School of Education Emerging Leaders MA in Educational Administration scholarship fund in the Designation/Special Instructions section. If you prefer check, please make checks payable to: CSUSM FoundationAttn: Elizabeth Canavan
Indicate Emerging Leaders in the memo line
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096