In California, those who are interested in pursuing a teacher credential must earn their bachelors degree before applying to the teacher credential program. School of Education in the College of Education, Health, and Human Services at CSUSM offer the following teacher credential programs:
- Multiple Subject Credential (Elementary Education)
- Middle Level Education (Middle School)
- Single Subject Credential (Secondary Education)
- Special Education and Elementary Education (Education Specialist Concurrent Program - for those who do not hold prior credentials)
- Special Education (Education Specialist Add On Program - for those who do hold prior credentials)
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC) (K-12 school administrator credential with and without a master's degree options are available)
All our credential programs start in the Fall and the applications open in the Spring.