Minor Radiation Spill
Normal business hours: 760-750-4502
After hours: 911 (FROM CAMPUS PHONES) or 760-750-4567
- Stop what you are doing and stay in the immediate area.
- Assume that you are contaminated and must use all precautions to refrain from spreading
- Check for contamination on your skin, clothing, and shoes with the appropriate monitoring
- Inform others in the immediate area of the spill.
- Notify your supervisor and consult with SH&S at 760-750-4502 or after hours dial
- Place absorbent material on the spill wearing the appropriate PPE (lab-coat, gloves
and safety glasses)
- Monitor and survey the area. If contaminated Label the area with "CAUTION Radioactive
Material" tape or signage.
- Restrict individuals from entering or leaving the area