- Similar to the campus/on-site workstation procedure, employees who perform their duties
at home begin this process after identifying the need to improve their physical posture.
- CSUSM’s consultation process was developed in a manner to address ways that could
help employees prevent or mitigate ergonomic problems within their home office environment.
Virtual Ergonomic Consultations
To assist CSUSM employees to accomplish their duties in a safe working environment,
SH&S performs virtual online consultations:
- Virutal consultations are scheduled on a time/day that is acceptable to both the employee
- Employees are provided with an email summary, which addresses the ergonomic issues
- Employees are encouraged to discuss the observations, recommendations/suggestions
identified with their supervisor.
Employees desiring a virtual consultation to enhance/improve their home office environment
may take the following steps: