department menu

CSU International Programs

As a CSU San Marcos student you have an extraordinary opportunity to participate in a system-wide study abroad program operated by the Office of International Programs. International Programs (IP) participants earn resident academic credit at CSU San Marcos while they pursue full-time study at a host university or study center abroad. International Programs serves the needs of students by offering over 100 academic majors at over 60 recognized universities and institutions of higher education in 18 countries. All International Programs are a full academic year in length.

The academic year enrollment fee for International Programs for 2013-14 ranges from $4,000-5000. In addition, students are responsible for the costs of their transportation to the study center and all personal expenses, including room and board. While country costs differ, the estimated costs for an entire academic year range from about $16,600 (Taiwan) to $32,275 (Denmark). As a CSU San Marcos student, you are eligible to receive financial aid and student loans to support your study abroad work.  There are a number of additional scholarships you could also apply for to defray some of the cost.  See our Financial Aid page for further details.

CSU International programs are located in:

For most programs, the minimum GPA requirement is 2.75, but a few require a 3.0.  In addition, there may be language or other course requirements.

The application deadline for most International Programs is February 1 for travel commencing the following fall (the exceptions are the programs in the Southern Hemisphere, which have May 1 deadlines with courses beginning the following January). Although the primary application is available online, supplemental documents such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and passport photocopies will need to be submitted in person to the IP Coordinator in the Office of Global Education, Craven 3200.

For complete information about CSU International Programs, come to the Office of Global Education and speak with our IP Coordinator.