International Business Travel Study, Europe in Germany, Austria, and Italy
We are very sorry to announce that we anticipate all Summer 2020 Study Abroad related
travel to be canceled. See the full announcement for details. For more updates in regard to the COVID-19 incident, please visit the CSUSM Incident Response page.
Follow @gbm.440 on Instagram
"I would highly recommend any business student to attend this travel study business
trip...one is able to get out of his or her comfort zone and not only learn about
some of the companies and landmarks located in these countries, but is able to appreciate
other cultures as well." ~Sarai Ramirez, 2016
Enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of central Europe while touring world-renowned
companies (e.g., Mercedes- Benz, BMW, Bosch, HP Enterprise), hearing lectures on European
economics and business culture at European universities, and visiting important cultural
and historical sites (e.g., Berlin Wall, Dachau). Students will be guided by Professor
Ben Cherry as he invites them to explore the joy of traveling Europe, hearing new
languages, discovering new business opportunities, and uncovering the wonder of different
cultures and people.
Global Business Management 440C: International Business Travel Study, Europe
Proposed Study Tour (set tours and itineraries subject to change):
- BMW Auto Manufacturing Plant & Digitalization Tour
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers Tour & Presentation
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
- City Walking Tour
- City Walking Tour
- GE Jenbacher Manufacturing & Automation Tour
- Black Diamond Europe
- GRASSMAYR Bell Foundry & Bell Museum
- Congress and Messe Innsbruck Marketplace Visit
Vahrn, Brixen, Bozen, Italy:
- Loacker Tenute Biodynamic Vineyard
- Company Tour in Brixen
- South Tyrol Museum of Archaelogy
- South Tyrolean Apple Production Tour, MELIX
- Seiser Alm in the Dolomites
- Mercedes-Benz Auto Manufacturing Plant Tour
- Mercedes-Benz Museum
- Corporate Visit
- University of Tubingen Campus Visit & Guest Lecture (Tentative)
Language of Instruction:
- Class level: Upper-division standing or prior approval by professor
- Completion of Pre-Business Core or prior approval by professor
- GPA: 2.75 and above; good academic standing prior to departure
4 units of upper division Business elective units applicable to nearly all CoBA options
Shared rooms in clean, high quality, 2-, 3-, and 4-star hotels throughout the countries
TBD + Extended Learning Fees, estimated at $1,064
Program fees include transportation in country, accommodation, daily buffet breakfast,
excursions, and medical insurance. Airfare and personal expenditures are NOT included in the program cost. Tuition fees for GBM 440C are run through Extended
Learning, and should average around $1,064, billed directly to myCSUSM student accounts.
*Program fees will drop if enrollment exceeds 19 students and/or depending upon currency
Some Useful Airfare Search Engines:
How to Apply:
- Attend an information session by Faculty Leader, Ben Cherry.
- Fill out the online application materials via the link below. All application materials
must be received to Global Education, ELB 588, by noon December 14, along with your $300 non-refundable deposit. Space is limited! Online payment preferred through CashNet. Please be advised to choose E-check and enter your checking account details to
avoid the 2.65% convenience fees applicable to all non-checking account payments.
Cash, checks, and money orders made payable to CSUSM will also be accepted.
- A second payment of $700 is due by noon February 1 to the Office of Global Education.
CashNet payment is preferred as outlined above. Payment of tuition related expenses ($1,064) will be billed by Extended Learning
and appear on your Student Center, following the payment guidelines set out for Summer
- Final payment of program fees is due by noon March 22 to the Office of Global Education.
- A mandatory pre-departure orientation will be held with Dr. Cherry to discuss arrival
instructions and the upcoming course. Proof of attendance will be recorded.
Please contact Professor Ben Cherry for additional details. email@example.com
Experience the Europe Travel Study Tour Yourself!