Follow @GBM.440C on Instagram
"I would highly recommend any business student to attend this travel study business
trip...one is able to get out of his or her comfort zone and not only learn about
some of the companies and landmarks located in these countries, but is able to appreciate
other cultures as well." ~Sarai Ramirez, 2016
Enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of central Europe while touring world-renowned
companies (e.g., Mercedes- Benz, BMW, Bosch, HP Enterprise), hearing lectures on European
economics and business culture at European universities, and visiting important cultural
and historical sites (e.g., Berlin Wall, Dachau, Allianz Arena). Students will be
guided by Professor Ben Cherry as he invites them to explore the joy of traveling
Europe, hearing new languages, discovering new business opportunities, and uncovering
the wonder of different cultures and people.
Tentative: May 23 - June 11, 2019
Global Business Management 440C: International Business Travel Study, Europe
Proposed Study Tour (set tours and itineraries subject to change):
- Tour of BMW Factory Tour & BMW World
- Tour of Allianz Arena
- Tour of Dach
- Tour of Mattro Mobility
- Entrepreneurial startups with CONDA Crowdinvesting
- Tour of Riedel Glas
- Tour of GE Jenbach Facility
- Guided Hike in the Alps
- Day trip to Bozen/Bolzano with Agribusiness Tour
- Tour of Brenner Base Tunnel
Karlsruhe, Germany/Strasbourg, France:
- Visit DHBW Karlsruhe and Guest Lecture
- Visit European Parliament
- Tour of Daimler/Mercedes-Benz Production Plant
- Mercedes-Benz Museum
- Tour of Hewlett-Packard
- Visit to the University of Tubingen
- Tour of German Parliament
- Mobility Media GmbH, a Bosch startup
- Walking Tour of Berlin
- Tour of the Schloss Sanssouci and park, Potsdam
- Stone Brewing Facility Tour
Language of Instruction:
- Class level: Upper-division standing
- Completion of Pre-Business Core or prior approval by professor
- GPA: 2.75 and above; good academic standing prior to departure
4 units of upper division Business elective units applicable to nearly all CoBA options
Shared rooms in clean, high quality, 2-, 3-, and 4-star hotels throughout the countries
Estimated at $3,200 + Extended Learning Fees, estimated at $1,208
Program fees include transportation in country, accommodation, daily buffet breakfast,
excursions, and medical insurance. Airfare and personal expenditures are NOT included in the program cost. Tuition fees for GBM 440C are run through Extended
Learning, and should average around $1,208, billed directly to myCSUSM student accounts.
Some Useful Airfare Search Engines:
How to Apply:
- Attend an information session by Faculty Leader, Ben Cherry.
- Fill out the online application materials via the link below. All application materials
must be received to Global Education, Craven 3200, by December 15, along with your $300 non-refundable deposit. Space is limited! Online payment preferred through CashNet. Please be advised to choose E-check and enter your checking account details to
avoid the 2.75% convenience fees applicable to all non-checking account payments.
Cash, checks, and money orders made payable to CSUSM will also be accepted.
- A second payment of $700 is due by February 2 to the Office of Global Education.
CashNet payment is preferred as outlined above. Payment of tuition related expenses ($1,208) will be billed by Extended Learning
and appear on your Student Center, following the payment guidelines set out for Summer
- Final payment of program fees is due April 6 to the Office of Global Education.
- A mandatory pre-departure orientation will be held with Dr. Cherry to discuss arrival
instructions and the upcoming course. Proof of attendance will be recorded.
Travel-Study Germany 2019 Application - Coming Soon!
Info sessions coming soon. Please contact Professor Ben Cherry for additional details.
Experience the Europe Travel Study Tour Yourself!