International Business Travel Study, Europe in Germany, Austria, and Italy
Follow @gbm.440 on Instagram
"I would highly recommend any business student to attend this travel study business trip...one is able to get out of his or her comfort zone and not only learn about some of the companies and landmarks located in these countries, but is able to appreciate other cultures as well." ~Sarai Ramirez, 2016
Enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of central Europe while touring world-renowned companies (e.g., Mercedes- Benz, BMW, HP Enterprise), hearing lectures on European economics and business culture at European universities, and visiting important cultural and historical sites (e.g., Dachau). Students will be guided by Professor Ben Cherry as he invites them to explore the joy of traveling Europe, hearing new languages, discovering new business opportunities, and uncovering the wonder of different cultures and people.
Global Business Management 440C: International Business Travel Study, Europe
May 22 - June 5, 2023
Proposed Study Tour (set tours/itineraries subject to change):
- BMW Auto Manufacturing Plant & Digitalization Tour
- PriceWaterhouse Coopers Tour & Presentation
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
- City Walking Tour
- Chamber of Commerce or Oracle Site Visit and Tour
- Brewery Löwenbräu Tour
- Highline179 Bridge
- Ehrenberg Castle Ruins Museum
- Partnach Gorge
- City Walking Tour
- Black Diamond Europe
- GRASSMAYR Bell Foundry & Bell Museum
- Bergisel Olympic Stadium Tour
- Hofkirche Tour
EGGER Wood Production Tour & Presentation
- Corporate Visit and Tour TBD
- Mercedes-Benz Auto Manufacturing Plant Tour
- Mercedes-Benz Museum
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) Tour and Strategy Presentation
- Corporate Visit & Tour TBD
- University of Tubingen Campus Visit & Guest Lecture (Tentative)
Language of Instruction:
- Class level: Upper-division standing or prior approval by professor
- Completion of Pre-Business Core or prior approval by professor
- GPA: 2.75 and above; good academic standing prior to departure
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initial vaccination(s) plus at least one booster if eligible) is required to participate in any of CSUSM’s international travel programs. Due to the increased risk of contracting COVID while travelling, as well as the increased likelihood of having serious complications from COVID if you are not vaccinated, exemptions (religious or medical) are not currently accepted for our travel abroad programs; COVID vaccination is a required pre-requisite.
4 units of upper division Business elective units applicable to nearly all CoBA options
Shared rooms in clean, high quality, 3 and 4-star hotels throughout the countries visited
$3,400* + Extended Learning Fees, estimated at $808
Program fees include transportation in country, accommodation, daily buffet breakfast, excursions, and medical insurance. Airfare and personal expenditures are NOT included in the program cost. Tuition fees for GBM 440C are run through Extended Learning, and should average around $808, billed directly to myCSUSM student accounts.
*Program fees will drop if enrollment exceeds 19 students and/or depending upon currency fluctuation.
Faculty Led Cancellation Policy
Some Useful Airfare Search Engines:
An adult passport book with at least 6 months validity until expiration is necessary for overseas travel. First-time passport book applicants can expect processing times up to 4 months. Plan to submit your passport applications early if you enroll in this program as withdrawals due to passport delays will not be refunded. Non-US travelers are responsible for researching entry requirements and possible visas through their country's consular pages.
How to Apply:
- Attend an information session by Faculty Leader, Ben Cherry (see dates/times below). Please RSVP online to attend: https://forms.gle/9i1ameSr86FzywF17
- Fill out the online application materials via the link below. All application materials must be received by noon December 9, along with your $500 non-refundable deposit. Space is limited! Online payment preferred through TransAct. Please be advised to choose E-check and enter your checking account details to avoid the 2.65% convenience fees applicable to all non-checking account payments. Cash, checks, and money orders made payable to CSUSM will also be accepted via the Cashier's Office in Cougar Central, but must include this deposit form to track the payment..
- A second payment of $500 is due by noon February 10. TransAct payment is preferred as outlined above. Payment of tuition related expenses ($808) will be billed by Extended Learning and
appear on your Student Center, following the payment guidelines set out for Summer
- Final payment of program fees is due by noon March 24 via the methods outlined above.
- Attend a mandatory Health & Safety Meet and Greet with Global Education to discuss travel, practical planning, & health and safety, date TBD.
- Submit your flight details to Global Education here: Flight Information Form
- A mandatory pre-departure orientation will be held with Dr. Cherry to discuss arrival instructions and the upcoming course. Proof of attendance will be recorded.
Please contact Professor Ben Cherry for additional details. firstname.lastname@example.org
GBM Travel Study Europe Application:
GBM Summer Travel Study Europe Application
|Thursday, October 6||12:00-12:50||MARK 308|
|Wednesday, October 12||12:00-12:50||MARK 430|
|Friday, October 21||12:00-12:50||MARK 430|