ASI Student Art Exhibition
Calling student artists! Submit your art to be installed in the University Student
The selected art pieces will be installed over Winter Break and taken down after Spring Finals Week.
Currently enrolled CSUSM Student artists/currently recognized Student Organizations can submit their art piece application online when fall openings are announced. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Submissions are limited to 2-D mediums that can be secured on a flat surface. This includes photography, paintings, drawings, sketches, graphic design, and mixed media.
This year's theme will still focus on the 8 dimensions of wellness. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought forth a variety of emotions and continues to do so. Keeping in mind the 8 dimensions of wellness, what did you experience or what do you see for the future? Students are asked to submit art that speaks to their experience surrounding COVID-19.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought forrth a varitety of emotions and continues to do so as we look into our future. Keeping in mind the 8 dimensions of wellness, what do you see?
- Submissions are limited to 2-D mediums that can be secured on a flat surface. This includes photography, paintings, drawings, sketches, graphic design, and mixed media.
- 3-pound total weight maximum of art piece.
- Dimensions must not exceed 24" W x 24" H with maximum depth of 1 inch.
- Art piece should be appropriate in scale, media and context with its intended display location. Entry must be appropriately secured; poses a potential safety concern if over listed guidelines
- CSUSM Students/Currently Recognized Student Organization submissions only
- The art should align with ASI’s values of Advocacy, Solidarity, and Integrity and its vision to provide representation, to offer an inclusive environment, and to promote campus pride for all students.
- No bodily or animal fluids allowed on art pieces.
- Promotion Starts Monday, October 4, 2022
- Applications are due on ASI website no later than Friday, November 4, 2022 by 11:59pm
- Applicant will be notified of approval of installation by Monday, November 14th. Applicant will have between Wednesday, November 16th and Friday, November 18th to pick-up requested supplies.
- Final Art piece due by Friday, December 2 by 5:00pm
- Committee will confer for final approval on art pieces on Friday, December 9thth, 2022
- Installation Dates: Winter Break – January 2022
Submit your application below for art pieces that speak to this!