What is Lobby Corp?
Lobby Corps is an ASI working group comprised of CSUSM students dedicated to advocacy
in higher education policy at the local, state, and federal level. Members undergo
advocacy training, professional development workshops, and will have the opportunity
to lobby to their respective legislators.
As a Lobby Corps Member, you will:
- Help coordinate voter registration and education efforts.
- Attend workshops and training provided by the Vice President of Student and University
- Research higher education issues pertaining to CSUSM students and the California State
- Program events to raise awareness on issues and advocacy work
- Meet with Assembly and Senate members to discuss legislative bills and their progress.
- Attend the California Higher Education Student Summit (CHESS) as well as other conferences
in relation to higher education advocacy.
Who Should Join?
- Students with a passion to be a change agent in the community and influence public
- Students interested in developing their leadership skills.
- Students with areas of study in leadership, public policy, political science, community
development, and/or university administration.
- OPEN TO EVERYONE! No experience is necessary.