What is Lobby Corps?
Lobby Corps is an ASI volunteer group comprised of CSUSM students dedicated to advocacy in higher education policy at the local, state, and federal level. Members undergo advocacy training, professional development workshops, and will have the opportunity to lobby to their respective legislators.
Applications are typically open during the first two weeks of the fall semester.
As a Lobby Corps member, you will:
- Help coordinate voter registration and education efforts.
- Attend workshops and training provided by the Vice President of Student and University Affairs.
- Research higher education issues pertaining to CSUSM students and the California State University .
- Program events to raise awareness on issues and advocacy work
- Meet with Assembly and Senate members to discuss legislative bills and their progress.
- Attend the California Higher Education Student Summit (CHESS) as well as other conferences in relation to higher education advocacy.
Who Should Join?
- Students with a passion to be a change agent in the community and influence public policy.
- Students interested in developing their leadership skills.
- Students with areas of study in leadership, public policy, political science, community development, and/or university administration.
- Open to all currently enrolled CSUSM students! No experience is necessary.