Degree Programs and Credit Courses
Before you get started, determine if you are applying as a freshman or transfer student and see if you meet the specific requirements for each by visiting the Admissions Criteria page.
- Oct. 1 – Nov. 30: Apply online through Cal-State Apply and pay the application fee to CSUSM
- Before March 2: All Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid through the FAFSA website regardless of acceptance. The FAFSA deadline is March 2 and college acceptance letters generally go out sometime in April. Applications received after March 2 are awarded on a funds-available basis. Visit the financial aid website for more information.
- When applying for admission, UNOFFICIAL military transcripts must be provided directly to Admissions and are required to process your admission application. You can print them and submit directly to Admissions; your military transcripts do not have to be an official sealed copy. Below are the links to the appropriate location of where to obtain military transcripts:
Check Your Application Status on MyCSUSM
- MyCSUSM is an online student portal which provides you access to your student records, including the status of your application for admission, transcripts and other admissions materials. Be sure to check it regularaly and watch for emails with important information and updates!
- Shortly after your application has been submitted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access MyCSUSM, if you are having trouble loggin in, please contact the Student Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important information from CSUSM will be communicated to you via e-mail. It is imperative that we have your correct email and mailing address. To update your information, go to your Student Center on MyCSUSM and edit account details under General Information.
Maintain Your Eligibility
Admission is based on information from official transcripts and self-reported information for planned and in-progress coursework from your application. Once you have been conditionally admitted, the university will verify this information against your final official transcripts. Please make sure to report accurate information.
Your admission may be rescinded for any of the following reasons:
- Your cumulative GPA drops below 2.0
- You miss any admission deadlines
- You earn D or F grades in any coursework needed to meet the "Golden Four"
- You misreport and do not complete a required course
Noncredit Programs and Courses
Information coming soon.