Your  Account:

Funding Options

Depending on your individual circumstance and type of program you plan to pursue there are options to assist in funding your educational goals.

Degree Seeking Students

If you are a student who is matriculated (formally accepted to the campus) in an Extended Learning degree program and need additional information about financial aid options, please contact the Financial Aid office at 760-750-4850.

Grants and Scholarships

While we encourage students to reserach grants and scholarships specifc to thier major or individual circumstance,  CSUSM does offer a general scholarship. Learn more about this general scholarship.

Cal Grant

The Cal Grant is available to Extended Learning students starting programs in the fall and spring semesters. Cal Grant is not currently available for students starting programs during the summer term.

CalVet College Tuition Fee Waiver

The CalVet College Tuition Fee Waiver can not be applied to Extended Learning degrees, certificates or courses.

Active Duty Tuition Discount

Active duty members are eligible for a discounted tuition rate of $250 per unit on any Extended Learning bachelor's degree program. View details.

State University Grant

The State University Grant can not be applied to Extended Learning degrees, certificates or courses.

Kaiser IONE Forgivable Loan and Scholarship

Available to Kaiser employees in their first year of the ADN/RN-BSN program. Learn more about this option.


Noncredit Students

There are a multitude of private lenders that will fund programs for Extended Learning (non-matriculated) students. In addition to seeking funding via private lenders, you may explore the funding options below.

Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

CSUSM Extended Learning is an approved provider for WIOA with the San Diego Workforce Partnership and the Riverside County Workforce Development Centers. For more information and a list of approved programs visit our WIOA webpage.

MyCAA — Free Career Training for Military Spouses

Military spouses can use MyCAA for Extended Learning programs. Learn more at MyCAA.