Prepare for the GRE exam with CSUSM’s preparation program. This program will prepare you for the entire GRE test and covers concepts, strategies and tips for each section, including math, verbal and essay.
View all Extended Learning programs.
This program is designed for:
- Those preparing for the GRE exam
- Those who have taken the GRE but are looking to increase their score
- SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION AND FEES
Course Dates Days, Time Location Fee Register
GRE Exam Prep
GRE Prep Registration - Coming Soon!
- Fee includes digital resources and textbooks (all required textbooks will be mailed to you)
- No refunds after the second class meeting
- CSUSM alumni and students receive a 15% savings. Priority code: studentalumni
- View veteran and military funding options
Please note: All rates are subject to change without notice.
- COURSE TOPICS
CSUSM’s GRE preparation program will help you prepare for the entirety of the GRE test and will cover concepts, strategies and tips for the quantitative, verbal and analytical writing sections of the test. Discover tools to help you quickly break down complex math and verbal problems into problems that are singular and easier to solve.
The class includes all materials, weekly office hours with the instructor to get help and weekly personalized adjustments to your study plan to help keep you accountable and productive when you’re not in class. We’ll support you through the GRE prep process as much as we can!
Though the class is online, it will be an interactive class. Breakout rooms, digital whiteboard function, chat and response tools will be used to increase class discussion. It will be expected that you are willing to ask questions, discuss practice problems and attempt to follow a study plan outside of the class to the best of your ability.
Takeaways: In general, what will you learn how to do?
- Deal with tricky critical reasoning
- Employ a template and plan or writing great essay responses
- Develop reliable techniques and strategies for the various types of questions in all sections
- Squeeze the most value out of practice questions through analysis
- Effectively study outside of class (drills for both accuracy and speed)
- Best utilize the resources you have available to study
- Decipher the GRE’s overall patterns, logic and rules
- Analyze your practice tests and make better test-taking decisions and revisions to your study plans
Everything we do is designed to maximize your test-day performance and your score!
Kaitlin Douglass has a deep knowledge of the logic and rules of the GRE exam and will help ensure that you are as prepared as possible on test day. She has instructed test preparation for over eight years and, outside of test prep, she is a certified secondary chemistry teacher in the state of California. She utilizes her background in teaching to help create classroom activities and study plans that will best support you.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with our students, consider submitting an instructor application or course proposal for consideration. Please contact Cathy Scavone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-8706 for more information.
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help.
How can I be considered for an instructor position or send in a course proposal?
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor! Please contact Cathy Scavone (email@example.com) to receive an application and course proposal form.
This program helps you prepare for the GRE exam, offering tips and strategies to ensure you do your best on test day
The instructor will help you develop proper techniques and strategies for verbal and math questions and can help you write more compelling essays
You will be able to break down complex GRE math concepts, deal with tricky critical reasoning questions and prove answers for vocab and reading passages
Get more out of your practice exams, learn to study more effectively and learn how to decipher the GRE’s patterns, logic and rules