CSUSM’s GRE preparation program will help you prepare for the entirety of the GRE
test and will cover concepts, strategies and tips for the quantitative, verbal and
analytical writing sections of the test. Discover tools to help you quickly break
down complex math and verbal problems into problems that are singular and easier to
The class includes all materials, weekly office hours with the instructor to get help
and weekly personalized adjustments to your study plan to help keep you accountable
and productive when you’re not in class. We’ll support you through the GRE prep process
as much as we can!
Though the class is online, it will be an interactive class. Breakout rooms, digital
whiteboard function, chat and response tools will be used to increase class discussion.
It will be expected that you are willing to ask questions, discuss practice problems
and attempt to follow a study plan outside of the class to the best of your ability.
Takeaways: In general, what will you learn how to do?
- Deal with tricky critical reasoning
- Employ a template and plan or writing great essay responses
- Develop reliable techniques and strategies for the various types of questions in all
- Squeeze the most value out of practice questions through analysis
- Effectively study outside of class (drills for both accuracy and speed)
- Best utilize the resources you have available to study
- Decipher the GRE’s overall patterns, logic and rules
- Analyze your practice tests and make better test-taking decisions and revisions to
your study plans
Everything we do is designed to maximize your test-day performance and your score!