All Post MSN certificates have the same admission requirements, listed below.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree conferred
- Personal essay explaining your career goals and why you would like to obtain a Post MSN certificate
- Two letters of reference: one academic, one professional
- Evidence of satisfactory completion (grade of C, 2.0 or better)** of the following:
- Advanced Health Assessment course
- Advanced Pathophysiology course
- Advanced Pharmacology course
A gap analysis will be conducted for each admitted student to determine a plan of study.
** Post MSN students can be conditionally admitted into the program prior to the completion of the courses above. Courses need to be completed before enrolling in clinical courses.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS re: PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).