Post Master of Science in Nursing Certificate
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
CSUSM’s Post Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) certificate is available to students who hold a master’s degree in nursing and are seeking to add a specialization area. Specialization options include Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and each include up to 38 units of study. The courses you’ll need depend on the specialization area, gap analysis findings of courses needed and applicable courses in the MSN program.
Applications are currently closed.
All Post MSN certificates have the same admission requirements, listed below.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree conferred
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Proof of Licensure as a registered nurse in California
- A current résumé
- Personal essay explaining your career goals and why you would like to obtain a Post MSN certificate
- Two letters of reference: one academic, one professional
- Evidence of satisfactory completion (grade of C, 2.0 or better)** of the following:
- Advanced Health Assessment course
- Advanced Pathophysiology course
- Advanced Pharmacology course
A gap analysis will be conducted for each admitted student to determine a plan of study.
** Post MSN students can be conditionally admitted into the program prior to the completion of the courses above. Courses need to be completed before enrolling in clinical courses.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS re: PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).
Program Total Units Unit Rate Total Tuition Costs* Post MSN Certificates Varies $699 Varies
*Semester fees not included. View complete breakdown of Extended Learning fees.
All quoted tuition rates are based on previous academic years and are subject to change without notice.
Funding and Financial Aid
- Not Financial Aid eligible
- Visit the Extended Learning funding page or call 760-750-4850 to learn more about your funding options
- Active duty military, veterans and dependents should visit the military services page or call 760-750-8705
- COURSE SEQUENCE
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help.
Each application is reviewed individually to determine which courses you need to take to earn your Post MSN certificate
Both Post MSN certificate programs can be completed part-time over five semesters to accommodate your busy schedule
Specialization options include Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Add a specialization to your master's degree in nursing to stand out from your peers