Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous Project Management Professional (PMP) exam with CSUSM Extended Learning's PMP Exam preparation course. This intensive 16-week course combines expert instruction with The CertWise® Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials and meets PMI’s 35 contact hour training requirement. This course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success on the PMP exam!
This certification prep course is designed primarily for:
- Individuals seeking PMP certification
- Experienced project managers who are seeking advancement or more information
There are no admission requirements to take this program; however, to be eligible to sit for the PMI’s PMP exam, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
PMI Eligibility Categories Category General Education Project Management Experience Project Management Education
Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of five years non-overlapping project management experience with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of three years non-overlapping project management experience with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements, please visit the Project Management Institute’s website.
If you are a new project manager, check out the entry-level Certified Associate in Project Management certification prep course.
- SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION & FEES
Registration Date(s) Course Dates Registration
PMP Certification Exam Prep
Program closed - check back for new dates
PMP - registration coming soon
- Classes are held from 6 - 9 p.m. Tuesday evenings
- Classes will be held online utilizing Zoom and an online resource center
- To ensure you receive class materials prior to course start, registration must be submittedby Sept. 13. Enrollments after this date may have delayed delivery of materials.
- Program fee: $2,200
- Program fee includes the 2022 Certwise PMP Learning System (shipped directly to you!)
and supplemental online learning resources*
*Students should individually purchase the PMI PMBOK 6th edition from their local retailer
- CSUSM alumni and students receive a 15% savings; email email@example.com for your savings code
- View veteran and military funding options
Please note: All rates are subject to change without notice.
- COURSE INFORMATION
If you’re looking for an expert to lead your PMP exam preparation, interpret the content, and answer your questions, we can help! This program combines live instruction with comprehensive materials to expand and test your knowledge in areas critical for project management career success.
The instructors focus on the updated PMP Exam Content Outline (ECO) to help you prepare for the exam, and the structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention. You’ll be prepared for the certification exam and more effective in your project management role.
Interactive Teaching System for Maximum Benefit
When you choose our course, you will:
- Study the three domains tested on the PMP exam, including the agile/hybrid and predictive content in the new exam
- Learn from our experienced and certified PMP instructors
- Prepare for class and the exam with The CertWise® Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition, you will have access to the online study tools for an entire year
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program
- Meet the 35-hour project management education prerequisite for the PMP Exam
Premium Quality Study Tools
Comprehensive Reading Materials
Study online or with printed books containing over 670 pages of content. Reading materials provide an in-depth exploration of the three knowledge domains tested on the PMP exam and include a glossary of key PMP terminology.
Interactive Online Study Tools
- Pre-test evaluates initial knowledge and identifies topics requiring intensive study
- SmartStudy™ tools help you build a customized study plan
- Quizzes test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts
- Flashcards offer review of important key terms and definitions
- PMP Practice Exam helps build confidence with a full-length emulation timed test to get you ready for the actual exam
- Progress Report tracks your activities and scores
- Resource Center provides worksheets, helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more
Homero Escandón CSCP-F, CLTD-F, CPIM, LSSMBB, PMP, CPDW, CSQP
Homero has over 24 years of experience in Operations and Supply Chain roles across multiple industries. He is currently Vice President of Manufacturing (Opex & Supply Chain) for Biotix, Inc. – a world class manufacturer of laboratory consumables and liquid handling solutions. He is also currently President of ASCM San Diego Chapter. Homero has previously held the positions of Director of Logistics; Sr. Manager, Warehouse & Logistics; Logistics Manager; and Logistics Engineering Manager. He has worked for companies such as Northrop Grumman, LISI Aerospace, and United Technologies Corporation. Homero spent 11 years active duty in the United States Marine Corps, including two deployments to Iraq in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
Homero is a Lead Lean Instructor at Biotix and an ASCM/APICS Master Instructor. He is on the advisory board for the National University BA in Management; and the UCSD Extension specialized certificate in Supply Management. In his time away from work, teaching, & volunteering; Homero enjoys cooking, bike riding, hiking, watching 80's movies, and reading.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with our students, consider submitting an instructor application or course proposal for consideration. Please contact Cathy Scavone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-8706 for more information.
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help.
What are the course materials?
Prepare for the exam with comprehensive Certwise PMP Learning Management Systems as well as printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards.
Students should purchase the PMI PMBOK 6th edition from their local book retailer.
Can I earn CEUs with this program?
Yes, this program is eligible for up to 3.5 CEUs.
Can I use my employer’s tuition reimbursement for this program?
Yes, this program will accept employer’s tuition reimbursement funds.
Does this program qualify for any SHRM recertification PDCs?
Yes, this program is valid for 35 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
What do former students say about the program?
“This class is highly recommended over bootcamp-style courses. It’s a LOT of information that needs to be digested over a period of time in order to truly and conceptually understand the content.” –Payton B.
“Excellent course for working professionals looking to grow and advance in their careers.” –Josh L.
How can I be considered for an instructor position or send in a course proposal?
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor! Please contact Cathy Scavone (email@example.com) to receive an application and course proposal form.
This program meets the 35-hour project management education requirement to sit for the PMP exam and provides knowledge and tools to prepare you for test day
Course materials are designed for those with a minimum of three years of project management experience who are preparing to take their PMP certification exam
You will be able to take what you learn in the class and immediately apply it to your current work projects
Course sessions include a combination of lectures, discussions, quizzes and projects, and you will have access to online study tools for a full year
Industry projections show that employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year through 2027 in the 11 countries analyzed. In addition, as opportunities are growing, much of the available talent is reaching retirement age … creating an extraordinarily positive job outlook for skilled project professionals.