CAPM Certification Prep
CSUSM’s 16-week intensive certification prep program prepares you to sit for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This prep program is ideal for those who are new to project management and are looking to grow their career.
This certification prep course is designed primarily for:
- Individuals seeking CAPM certification
- Those new to project management who are seeking advancement or more information
There are no admission requirements to take this program; however, to be eligible to sit for the PMI’s CAPM exam, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
Category General Education Project Management Experience Project Management Education
High school diploma
1,500 hours of project management experience
High school diploma
23 hours of project management education
For complete details regarding the CAPM eligibility requirements, please visit the Project Management Institute’s website.
If you are an experienced project manager, check out the upper-level Project Management Professional certification prep course.
- SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION & FEES
Course Dates Registration
CAPM Certification Exam Prep
Email email@example.com for information
- Classes are held from 6 - 9 p.m. on Tuesday evenings
- Classes will be held online utilizing Zoom and an online resource center
- Program fee: $2,200
- Program fee includes all course materials and parking (if available)
- CSUSM alumni and students receive a 15% savings; email firstname.lastname@example.org for your savings code
- View veteran and military funding options
Please note: All rates are subject to change without notice.
- COURSE INFORMATION
If you’re looking for an expert to lead your CAPM exam preparation, interpret the content, and answer your questions, we can help! This program combines live instruction with comprehensive materials to expand and test your knowledge in areas critical for project management career success.
The instructors focus on the updated PMP/CAPM Exam Content Outline (ECO) to help you prepare for the exam, and the structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention. You’ll be prepared for the certification exam and more effective in your project management role.
Interactive Teaching System for Maximum Benefit
When you choose this course, you will:
- Study the three domains tested on the PMP/CAPM exam, including the agile/hybrid and predictive content in the new exam
- Learn from experienced and certified PMP instructors
- Prepare for class and the exam with The CertWise® Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition, you will have access to the online study tools for an entire year
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries
- Stay on track to complete your PMP/CAPM studies with a structured learning environment
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program
- Meet the 35-hour project management education prerequisite for the PMP/CAPM Exam
Premium Quality Study Tools
Comprehensive Reading Materials*
Study online or with printed books containing over 670 pages of content. Reading materials provide an in-depth exploration of the three knowledge domains tested on the PMP/CAPM exam and include a glossary of key PMP terminology.
Interactive Online Study Tools*
- Pre-test evaluates initial knowledge and identifies topics requiring intensive study
- SmartStudy™ tools help you build a customized study plan
- Quizzes test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts
- Flashcards offer review of important key terms and definitions
- PMP Practice Exam helps build confidence with a full-length emulation timed test to get you ready for the actual exam
- Progress Report tracks your activities and scores
- Resource Center provides worksheets, helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more
*This program utilizes the same study materials as the PMP exam to ensure that you receive a comprehensive learning experience
Homero Escandon, CSCP, CLTD, PMP, LSSBB, CPDW
Homero has over 22 years of experience in Operations and Supply Chain roles across multiple industries. He is currently Vice President of Supply Chain and Operational Excellence for Biotix, Inc. – a world class manufacturer of laboratory consumables and liquid handling solutions. He has previously held the positions of Director of Logistics; Sr. Manager, Warehouse & Logistics; Manager, Logistics & Inventory; Logistics Manager; and Logistics Engineering Manager. He has worked for companies such as Northrop Grumman, LISI Aerospace, and United Technologies Corporation. Homero spent 11 years active duty in the United States Marine Corps, including two deployments to Iraq in support of the Global War on Terrorism. During his time in the military, Homero held roles such as Distribution Operations Manager, Logistics Systems Manager, Recruiter, Supply Chief, Supply Supervisor, and Supply Clerk. Homero holds a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership and a Master of Business Administration. His certifications include CSCP, CLTD, PMP, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB), Certified Professional in Distribution & Warehousing (CPDW), and Certified DISC Practitioner.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with our students, consider submitting an instructor application or course proposal for consideration. Please contact Cathy Scavone at email@example.com or 760-750-8706 for more information.
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help.
What are the course materials?
Prepare for the exam with comprehensive CERTWISE PMP Learning Management Systems as well as printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards.
Students should purchase the PMI PMBOK 6th edition from their local book retailer.
Can I earn CEUs with this program?
Yes, this program is eligible for up to 3.5 CEUs.
Can I use my employer’s tuition reimbursement for this program?
Yes, this program will accept employer’s tuition reimbursement funds.
Does this program qualify for any SHRM recertification PDCs?
Yes, this program is valid for 35 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
How can I be considered for an instructor position or send in a course proposal?
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor! Please contact Cathy Scavone (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive an application and course proposal form.
This program meets the project management education requirement to sit for the CAPM exam and provides knowledge and tools to help you be ready on test day
Course materials are designed for beginning project managers but the concepts apply to all levels of project managers, including those with years of experience
You will be able to take what you learn in the class and immediately apply it to your current work projects
Course sessions include a combination of lectures, discussions, quizzes and projects
According to PayScale.com, the median salary for a general project manager is $73,349, with pay increasing by experience and location. Project managers earn higher than the national average in Washington D.C. (14.8% more), Houston (10.9%) and Los Angeles (8.5%).
Industry projections show that employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year through 2027 in the 11 countries analyzed. In addition, as opportunities are growing, much of the available talent is reaching retirement age … creating an extraordinarily positive job outlook for skilled project professionals.