Your  Account:

Financial Aid Information

Financial Aid

Extended Learning does not sanction any one lender; however, there are a multitude of private lenders that will fund programs for Extended Learning (non-matriculated) students. If you are a student who is matriculated (formally accepted to the campus) in an Extended Learning degree program and need additional information about Financial Aid options, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 760-750-4850 or go to Financial Aid

Noncredit Certificate Programs

Noncredit programs are not eligible for financial aid. However, several of our noncredit programs are approved for federal funding via

  • VA Educational Benefits
  • Chapter 31 VA Voc Rehab benefits
  • Workforce Innovation & Opportunities Act (WIOA)
  • MyCAA military spouse scholarship

For additional information about WIOA:

For MyCAA:

VA Educational Benefits (federal)

As a Veteran, you may be eligible for educational benefits through numerous GI Bill programs. Once you’ve decided to use your GI Bill benefits you can use VA’s decision-making tools that will help you get the most from your benefits. Once you’re ready, apply for benefits online.

Chapter 31 VA Voc Rehab Benefits

Accepted for our noncredit certificates and noncredit online programs

To use this benefit, email a copy of your signed documents

MyCAA (My Career Advancement Account)

Spouses of Active duty military members around the world are able to enjoy a $4,000 career education benefit funded through the Department of Defense. We have a variety of training options available and we offer all programs in all of the approved fields! We have knowledgeable people available to assist you in making your career decision and using your training benefit. Please contact us or visit MyCAA and establish an account. Be sure to choose California State University San Marcos as your school, and we will be able to view your approved MyCAA voucher when complete.

Visit MyCAA for details.

Contact EL for questions or call: 1-800-342-9647

CalVet College Tuition Fee Waiver

The CalVet College Tuition Fee Waiver can not be applied to Extended Learning degrees, certificates, or courses.