The following links provide CSUSM Extended Learning resources to all graduate students. Please spend a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our website. We look forward to partnering with you on your journey through CSUSM.
Spring 2023 Orientation Schedule by Program
Congratulations on your decision to attend California State University San Marcos!
To help new students make the transition to life at CSUSM, each program hosts an orientation designed to introduce students to faculty and fellow cohort members.
Please note, the below program specific orientations are in addition to the self-paced orientation you must complete via Cougar Courses.
Details for completing the self-paced portion of the orientation will be sent separately.
Participation in both components of the orientation is mandatory. Failing to complete the self-paced portion or attend the live webinar may impact your enrollment in the program.
Graduate Studies also hosts an optional orientation and mixer for new graduate students. For more information please visit: https://www.csusm.edu/gsr/graduatestudies/orientation/index.html
Program Details Program Date, Time & Details
Master of Public Health
Date: Wednesday, January 18th
Time: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We’re here to help!
CSUSM Extended Learning offers a wide array of academic support services designed to support students. We encourage you to take advantage of the professional staff and resources made available for your success.
Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor today: Schedule Appointment
- Financing Your Education
A college education is an investment, and like any investment, it helps to have an extensive knowledge of your financial options. Whether it’s gaining an understanding of scholarships and grants or identifying which federal loan is best for you, the Office of Student Financial Aid provides a comprehensive look at the college investment process.
Standard expenses include the cost of tuition fees, books and supplies for two semesters of full-time enrollment, as well as an allowance for room and board and other living expenses based on where you plan to live while in school.
Please Note: All CSU fees listed are estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the CSU Board of Trustees.
As part of an Extended Learning cohort program, your specific courses are reserved and you will be registered each semester in the courses associated with your planned schedule. If you need to make changes to your schedule please connect with your assigned advisor to receive guidance on processes, deadlines and how the change will impact your time to degree completion as well as potential financial aid eligibility.
Below are some helpful resources to assist you in navigating the registration process.
Built from the ground up, our campus and buildings are technologically saturated making CSU San Marcos a phenomenal place for teaching and learning in the 21st century.
At the heart of our technology mission, we pride ourselves on having a Wi-Fi campus, keeping pace with current and emerging technologies, and providing a high level of service to our students and faculty.
- Student Technology Help Desk
- Student Technology Guide
- Change Your Password
- Cougar Courses (online instruction)
- Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS)
- Webmail Support
- Wireless computing network gives users the freedom to work where they want, when they want with access to the Internet and campus computing resources. View our informational video about Campus Wireless Network.
- CougarApps gives students the ability to access campus software and resources no matter where they are or which computer they're using! View our informational video about CougarApps.
- SMART Classrooms: There are currently 105 smart rooms at CSU San Marcos.
- Cougar Courses is a virtual learning environment with numerous courses available. Professors can add such tools as discussion boards, mail systems, live chat, and content including documents and web pages.
- Email is free of charge to every registered student (over 6.5 gigabytes of storage) and employees.
- Access for the Disabled: Appropriate accommodations are made for users with disabilities. CSU San Marcos has the following assistive devices: Telesensor print enhancer for visually impaired students; Reading Edge print scanner and reading/speaking machines; JAWS, ZOOMTEXT, Duxbury Braille Translator, and a Braille Printer; Macintosh OS provides Zoom, Screen Readers, Sticky Keys, and Numerical Keys Mouse Pad in the Universal Access System Preferences panel; and more adaptive material may be added to the labs as the need arises.
- MyCSUSM: Provides convenient, reliable and secure access to information and self-service transactions for students, faculty, and staff.
- MediaSite: A system that allows the live recording of lectures and training materials. It combines video of the speaker with whatever is happening on the computer screen in an integrated web presentation that can be Webcast live or archived for later use.
- Technology Resource Center: Try out new software and hardware, learn new technologies, and create interactive media to enhance learning.
- Computing Labs: "Open Computer Labs" have no scheduled classes and "Instructional Computer Labs" have classes scheduled in them. All computer labs have physically accessible stations.
- Classroom Media Technology: LCD projectors, control systems, video and audio playback devices, instructor's workstations, cabling, etc.
Academic Support Services
- Academic Success Center
- Math Lab
- Registration & Records
- Temecula Center
- Transcript Requests (PDF)
Jobs & Careers
Health & Fitness
- ACE Scholars Services
- Campus Housing
- Center for Children and Families (Child Care)
- Cougar Chronicle: Student Newspaper
- Dean of Students
- Dining Services
- Disabled Student Services
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Off-campus Housing
- News & Calendars
- Parking & Commuter Services
- Student Health & Counseling Services
- Student Life & Leadership
- Student Organizations
- TRIO Student Support Services
- University Ombuds
- Veterans Services
- Campus Police
- Clery Report: Campus Security/Fire Safety (PDF)
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Notification Sign-Up
- Preparing to Graduate