- Conferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or 2.5 in the last 60 units
- Verification of a valid and Cleared Basic Teaching Credential
- Statement of purpose: A typed, double-spaced, one- to two-page statement that describes you and why you wish to pursue a master’s degree in education. Things you might include are your goals, ideals and experiences, special skills, and community service.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your work in the field of education
- Completion of the graduate/post-baccalaureate application to the university
- No GRE required to apply
Three years of full-time teaching experience are required prior to recommendation for the California Reading and Literacy Added Authorization and the California Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential.
For a California Advanced Credential (Reading and Literacy Specialist Credential) you must hold a basic California Clear Credential, fulfilled basic skills requirements and have satisfied minimum years of regular teaching experience.
All materials will be evaluated to assess an applicant’s qualification for admission; however, no one indicator shall determine acceptance of an applicant.
Please note: To be considered for admission you must reside in an approved state.
Students should have the following skills:
- Computer literacy including email, uploading and downloading documents, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Strong reading and writing skills
- Self-motivated and independent learner
- Time management skills