Winter Intersession 2024
Earn credits towards your degree in just four weeks!
Register for Winter Intersession, and accelerate your time to degree completion or explore a new area of interest.
Extended Learning offers you a number of credit courses in a wide range of fields and disciplines during the Intersession term. These courses are open to students from other colleges and universities, qualified high school seniors and community members. Courses are transferrable to other academic institutions, and up to 24 units taken as a non-matriculated student may be counted toward a CSUSM degree.
Intersession 2024 Dates:
- Oct. 16, 2023 - Enrollment begins for CSUSM students
- Oct. 23, 2023 - Open Enrollment begins
- Dec. 6, 2023 - Winter Intersession 2024 payment is due
- Dec. 7, 2023 - Final decision to cancel classes
- Dec. 18, 2023 - First day of Winter Intersession 2024 courses
- Dec. 18 - 19, 2023 - Add/Drop Period. Students dropping after December 19, 2023 will receive a "W"
- Jan, 2, 2024 - May begin meeting on campus (in-person)
- Jan. 13, 2024 - Last day of all Winter Intersession 2024 courses
- Jan. 17, 2024 - Grades viewable in MyCSUSM
- May 31, 2024 (Tentative) - Official grades available
- *NOTE: Students may enroll in up to a maximum of four units per the Maximum Number of Units During Winter Intersession Policy. Students are held to the maximum four-unit enrollment limit during Winter Intersession. Approvals for an increased unit limit are rarely granted.
Please be sure to read all applicable policies prior to registering for courses. By registering for courses, you are agreeing to abide by all policies.
**Winter Intersession does not follow Extended Learning's regular refund policy. Please view our Winter Intersession 2024 refund policy to get more information.