CSUSM’s Emotional Intelligence program allows you to lead more successfully by increasing your self-awareness, developing strong interpersonal skills while staying focused in the midst of uncertainty and resiliency. As part of this program you will receive a personalized EQ-I 2.0 to help guide your self-development. This course will provide practical tools and strategies to motivate and engage your team, deepen collaborative relationships, and help you act in authentic ways to increase your leadership effectiveness.
This program is designed for:
- Leaders who have at least one direct report or who lead cross-functional teams
- Leaders who have responsibilities for influencing others
- Mid-to-director level leaders who have a foundation in managing others
- SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION & FEES
Program Dates Registration
Sept. 23 - Oct. 28, 2022
- Classes held from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays
- Zoom will be used for class sessions
- CSUSM Community Container will be used for online resources
- Includes EQ Assessment and one individual one-hour coaching session. You will be asked to purchase a small journal to be utilized for out of class assignments
- Entire program is $1,500
- CSUSM alumni and students receive a 15% savings (email firstname.lastname@example.org for your savings code)
- View veteran and military funding options
Please note: All rates are subject to change without notice.
- COURSE TOPICS
- Understand the key areas of emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership
- Obtain a baseline EI through the EQ-I 2.0, a leading assessment tool
- Identify strengths and development areas through robust self-reflection and planning
- Uncover habitual ways of thinking and being as well as self-limiting patterns
- Reframe your thoughts and perspectives for positive relationships
- Increase your emotional flexibility and ways of listening
- Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence – Why it Matters
- Assessing Your Emotional Intelligence – Establishing a Baseline and Plan
- Increasing Self-Awareness and Demonstrating Authenticity
- Building Social-Awareness & Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Enhancing Team Leadership, Collaboration & Performance
- Developing Others, Coaching, & Leading as a Way of Being
EQ-I 2.0 assessment:
The emotional intelligence (EI) report has many features to develop your leadership development. These features provide you with a snapshot of how your EI compares to that of other leaders and insight into your leadership strengths and potential areas for development. The report examines your results on the EQ-i 2.0 through four key dimensions of leadership including: authenticity, coaching, insight, and innovation. How is EI linked to leadership? In addition to the research supporting this report, 15-years of research has shown that leaders tend to score higher in EI than the general population. Many leaders find it valuable to focus on improving specific skills that support broader leadership competencies, making the EQ-i 2.0 the perfect building block to reaching your potential.
EI individual coaching session:
The Institute of Coaching cites that over 70% of individual who receive coaching benefited from improved work performance, relationships, and more effective communication skills. It is no secret that that opportunity to gain insight into EI can close critical performance gaps. In this one-hour coaching session, you will gain valuable feedback and guidance from an executive coach, and together, you will have the opportunity to create an actionable plan.
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help.
What do former students say about the program?"Very beneficial and relevant in many areas of life" "Every manager needs to have this class"
How can I be considered for an instructor position or send in a course proposal?
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor! Please contact Cathy Scavone (email@example.com) to receive an application and course proposal form.
Identify strengths and development areas through robust self-reflection and planning
Gain strategies and resources that you can start using immediately in your current role
Improve your leadership skills by learning how listen better, reframe your thoughts and more
Course topics include fundamentals, assessing your EQ, demonstrating authenticity, developing others and more