This fully online program prepares teachers (K-12) to serve in schools that implement the IB curriculum. CSUSM is one of only three universities in the United States, and the only one on the West Coast, to offer the IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning training for teachers.
Not currently taking applications
This fully online course of study is recognized by the International Baccalaureate Organization and prepares you to serve in schools worldwide that are implementing the IB curriculum
CSUSM courses of study include the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3-12, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students ages 11-16 and the Diploma Programme (DP) for students ages 16-19
Once you successfully complete one of these courses of study you are eligible to apply and earn the IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning
CSUSM is one of only three universities in the U.S. and the only one on the West Coast to offer the IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning training for teachers
Any applications received after the application deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis or may roll over to the following term.
You must apply to the program through this website and the instructions must be followed exactly to receive full consideration for admission to the IB program. We look forward to reviewing your application and all supporting documents by the deadline. For any questions, please send email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IB Application” or call 760-750-4004.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Teaching credential or equivalent
- Many teachers working within IB World Schools have never gained or do not hold a current teaching license/qualification, but are expert teachers in their fields. Therefore, the IB now accepts a specified amount of experience as a professional teacher as a replacement for possessing a current teaching license/qualification.
A complete application to the IB program includes:
- Transcripts from the degree-granting institution
- Teaching credential or equivalent (teaching license, résumé, etc.)
Once your application and supporting documents have been reviewed and approved, you will be contacted to register and pay for the courses.
The administration of the IB program is contingent upon having the appropriate number of qualified candidates. In the event the number of minimum qualified candidates is not satisfied, the program may be delayed or canceled prior to the program’s stated start date. Participants will be notified in writing if the program is canceled or delayed. We encourage you to visit our website frequently for the most up-to-date information.
Please note: To be considered for admission you must reside in an approved state.
Program Total Units Unit Rate Total Tuition Costs* IB 10 $350 $3,500
*Semester fees not included. View complete breakdown of Extended Learning fees.
All quoted tuition rates are based on previous academic years and are subject to change without notice.
- Visit the Extended Learning funding page or call 760-750-4850 to learn more about your funding options
- Federal VA educational benefits can be used for this program (not eligible for Cal Vet fee waiver)
- Active duty military, veterans and dependents should visit the military services page or call 760-750-8705
- COURSE SEQUENCE
View course descriptions and specific program requirements on the IB Catalog Page
Program Course (units) Primary Years Programme (PYP)
EDUC 1200 (3)
EDUC 1201 (2)
EDUC 1202 (3)
EDUC 1203 (2)
Middle Years Programme (MYP)
EDUC 1300 (3)
EDUC 1301 (2)
EDUC 1302 (3)
EDUC 1303 (2)
Diploma Years Programme (DP)
EDUC 1400 (3)
EDUC 1401 (2)
EDUC 1402 (3)
EDUC 1403 (2)