Questions for Applicants
Experience Questions for Applicants
The purpose of these questions is to help determine whether your work experience will satisfy some or all of the pre-requisites required for the program. Further, it may determine which of the Cyber Preparation Modules that you may waive or need to take. Below are descriptions of the pre-requisites in three areas.
If you have not taken equivalent courses for the pre-requisites, please briefly describe what equivalent work experience you have.
What is your knowledge or experience in these Programming areas:
- Experience using at least one modern programming language (not a scripting language).
- Knowledge of common features in modern programming languages.
What is your knowledge or experience in these Math ares:
- Discrete mathematics (counting, set theory, modular arithmetic.
- Elementary probability.
- Familiarity with functions, especially exponential and logarithmic.
What is your knowledge or experience in these Networking areas:
- A fundamental understanding of networking such as sub-netting, routing, VLANs,
- A basic understanding of the standard protocols and services, i.e. DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc
- Some limited programming experience with languages or scripts such as C/C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python
- Familiarity with the architecture and features of a LAN and WAN,
- A fundamental understanding of the network communication concepts of port and protocols
What is your knowledge or experience in these Operating System areas:
- A fundamental understanding of modern operating system design and implementation.
- A basic understanding of operating system structure and operation including process management, memory management, storage management as well as current protection and security mechanisms.
- A solid background using various operating systems interfaces, system calls, system programs and operating system debugging/monitoring.
- Familiarity with a command line interface such as a Linux shell or Windows power shell is encouraged. Some limited programming experience using C/C++, Java or shell programming would be beneficial.