Your  Account:

Declined Credit Cards and Dishonored Checks

Please be aware that writing a bad check is against the law. California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719, allows recipients of bad checks to sue in Small Claims Court for up to three times the amount of the check or $100, whichever is more, plus the face value of the check and all court costs. Placing a “stop payment,” closing the account, or disputing a credit card charge does not release students from their financial obligation, nor does it automatically withdraw them from enrollment. A dishonored check/credit card: will result in the University no longer accepting payment for any services by personal check; will result in the student being required to make payment in the form of cash, money order, or cashier’s check; will result in a financial hold of the student’s records and denial of services; will result in a $20 dishonored check fee.