Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of Summer 2023?Full session runs from June 5th though August 12th. First block begins on June 5th and ends on July 8th. Second block begins on July 10th and ends on August 12th.
- How many units may I take during Summer 2023?You may take up to 13 units during Summer 2023. Students must contact their Advisor to discuss a possible unit load exception and meet certain criteria should they wish to consider taking more than 13 units.
- How do I register for Summer classes?Continuing CSUSM students will register using their MyCSUSM account. New or off-campus students will register via Extended Learning's online shopping cart.
- What if I'm on Academic Notice?
Undergraduate students on Academic Notice are not initially assigned an enrollment date and time for summer classes. To request an enrollment appointment, students should meet with their advisor to review important implications of taking summer coursework while on Academic Notice.
- Will advising be available for students taking summer classes?Yes. Continuing CSUSM students will meet with academic advisors either within Undergraduate Advising Services or within the appropriate College. Non-matriculated student advising will be available via Extended Learning.
- What are the fees for Summer 2023?
- Is financial aid available during summer?Only CSUSM matriculated students are potentially eligible for financial aid during summer. Summer is the trailing term of the 2022/2023 academic year, so in order to be eligible for financial aid during the summer, students must not have already used all of their aid in the fall and spring.
- What are the Academic Standards and Performance Expectations for Students?CSUSM policies regarding academic performance, academic honesty, prohibition of plagiarism, and conduct in the classroom apply to all Summer courses and those who register for them. Policies regarding grade appeals and other students' rights policies also apply. All academic questions or problems with student performance should be referred to the associate dean in the college that is the academic home of the course in question. Additional policies can be found at the CSUSM Office of the Dean of Students.
- Are faculty required to use CSUSM email?Email is the official means of communication for CSUSM instructors, therefore all notices relevant to the course(s) will be sent to you via your CSUSM email account. If you are a full- or part- time CSUSM student at CSUSM, you already have a CSUSM email account that will remain the same for Summer 2023. If you have not attended CSUSM previously, you will be issued a CSUSM email account.
- When will grades for summer classes be available?Grades will be official on August 24, 2023.
- Is on-campus housing available during Summer?Please visit Housing for summer options!
Can't find the answer to your question? Please contact Extended Learning at 760-750-4020 or via email at email@example.com.