Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
The Standard® offers Critical Illness and Accident Insurance to CSU Employees and eligible dependents. Critical Illness Insurance is an affordable way to make up the difference between what your medical insurance covers and what you'd owe out of pocket if you or a family member were to be diagnosed with a covered critical illness. Accident Insurance helps protect your bank account from the out of pocket expenses that come with an injury.
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance helps employees manage expenses during a serious illness such as, heart attack, severe stroke or invasive cancer.
- The plan can pay up to $50,000 in benefits, covers 7 different serious illnesses and 21 childhood diseases.
- Benefit paid in a lump-sum payment to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses and costs associated with life-changes following the diagnosis of a covered critical illness, including deductibles, copays, rent or groceries during recovery.
- Offered to all CSU employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Coverage is available for eligible dependents.
- Employee must be covered under a comprehensive health insurance plan or Health Maintenance Organization (HMO).
Accidents can happen when least expected, and while they can't always be prevented, you can have the financial support to make your recovery less expensive and stressful.
The Accident insurance pays a lump sum directly to you so you can help cover out-of-pocket expenses as you or a family member recuperates after an accident. You may choose to apply your coverage amount towards your deductible, copays, daily expenses during recovery. Benefits are based on the injuries sustained and the treatments received. Enrolling in coverage now is a small thing you can do to help make sure you and your loved ones keep moving forward after an accident happens.
- Critical Illness Brochure
- Accident Insurance Brochure
- The Standard® website
- Contact The Standard® at (800) 378-5745
To enroll in either of these programs, simply use one of the follow options below:
- Complete the enrollment at standard.benselect.com/csu.
- Complete the Enrollment Form and the CSU Payroll Deduction Authorization Form and return them to The Standard® at:
CSU Benefits Team
Standard Insurance Company
900 SW Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
For more information about how to apply for coverage or if you have additional questions, including technical issues, please contact The Standard® at 800-378-5745.