The Office of Human Resources strives to create a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle, while delivering best practice HR programs and services. We are dedicated to the staffing, development, and retention of our most valuable assets, our employees. The goal of the office is to create and sustain a collaborative work environment for collective bargaining members, unrepresented confidential employees, and the professional leadership.
Human Resources has several responsibilities, which are all dedicated to helping California State University San Marcos be the best workplace possible. Our CSUSM culture of care and working together translates to the support we provide for our employees. The HR team provides an array of services and provides support at each stage of an employee’s career at CSUSM.
- We work with campus departments to recruit, develop, and retain a quality staff to support the teaching and diversity mission of the University.
- CSUSM’s total reward strategy encompasses not only a competitive market and merit-based approach to pay, but also quality benefits, meaningful work and opportunities for career growth, and development for our exceptional employees.
- Effective performance management aligns the efforts of employees with departmental and campus goals, promotes consistency in performance review, motivates all employees to perform at their best, and is conducted with fairness and transparency.
- We oversee all aspects of labor relations activities for Staff and MPP employees, striving to maintain harmonious workplace relationships.
- We are responsible for interpreting, applying and providing advice to a variety of campus constituents regarding the provisions of non-faculty collective bargaining agreements.
- We provide guidance, advice, and conflict resolution with respect to work related difficulties. This allows the University to be a respectful, efficient and enjoyable work environment by fostering the skills, attitudes and behaviors that respond to the needs of the campus community.
- We are dedicated to supporting CSUSM’s mission of providing an inclusive working environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
We look forward to facilitating positive workplace relationships and assisting in the creation of a productive work environment for CSUSM employees in order to encourage the transformation of the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
Whether you are an applicant for employment, current or new employee, retiree, or visitor, this site will provide the latest information on Human Resources services and programs. Be a part of something great!