Effective performance management aligns the efforts of managers and employees with departmental and campus goals, promotes consistency in performance review, motivates all employees to perform at their best, and is conducted with fairness and transparency. The employee, the manager, and the University are critical members of a partnership that ensures performance planning, review, coaching, and development.
- Employees at all levels are responsible for actively communicating with their managers about their performance, taking an active role in planning for development, being accountable for their actions, and continually striving for excellence in their performance in support of departmental and campus goals.
- Managers are responsible for developing and reviewing performance expectations with their employees, communicating throughout the performance management cycle about employees' goals, performance, and development, recognizing successful performance and coaching for improved performance, and ensuring that employees have the tools, resources, training, and development needed to carry out their duties successfully.
- The University is responsible for providing an effective and fair performance management system that encourages effective communication between employees and managers and ensures that managers have the skills to carry out performance management successfully.
The links below provide more information on the CSUSM performance evaluation process:
- Annual Performance Evaluation Schedule
- Represented Employees - Overview and evaluation forms
- Confidentials - Overview and evaluation forms
- MPPs - Overview and evaluation forms
- Performance Evaluation Forms
- Performance Evaluation Signature and Submission Instructions