- Full-time employees accrue eight (8) hours of sick leave per each qualifying pay period.
- Part-time employees earn sick leave on a pro rate basis.
- Employees must receive 11 days of pay in a pay period to accrue sick leave credits
for that month.
- Sick leave credits may not be used prior to their accrual, which occurs on the first
day of the following pay period.
- There is no maximum accrual for sick leave.
- Unused sick leave may be converted into service credit at retirement in accordance
with CalPERS guidelines.
- Employee is responsible for reporting absences to the appropriate administrator as
soon as possible in compliance with department policies.
- An employee may be required to provide a licensed health care provider's statement
or other appropriate verification when absent due to illness/injury. An employee shall
not normally be required to provide verification for an absence of five (5) consecutive
days or less.
- Use of sick leave may be authorized by the supervisor for the following absences:
- Employee's own illness, injury or disability related to pregnancy.
- Employee's own dental, eye or other physical or medical examination/treatments by
a licensed practitioner.
- Illness or injury in the immediate family as defined in the appropriate collective
bargaining agreements for non-represented employees.