The Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Parental leave is a paid leave of up to 30 work days
in a calendar year, associated with the birth of an employee's own child or the placement
of a child with the employee in connection with adoption or foster care.
This type of absence is not charged against the employee's leave credits, and the
amount of paid days received is based on employee category.
- Parental leave is in addition to available sick and vacation.
- The scheduling of leave may be modified with mutual consent of the supervisor and
employee to meet operational needs.
- Leave runs concurrently with any other related leave to which the employee is entitled.
- Leave must commence within 60 days of the child's arrival (excluding Faculty)
- Faculty must commence leave within a 135 day period beginning within 60 days prior
to the anticipated arrival date of a new child and ending seventy five days after
- Days to be taken consecutively, unless mutually agreed to and pre-approved in writing
by the employee and the appropriate administrator(s).