Master Working Remote With Kids
Updated 5/5/20: Find safe and licensed childcare for families working in essential fields from the California Childcare Portal.
The balancing act of being focused on working at home while tending to the growing number of other demands during this crisis can become overwhelming at times. Here are some helpful tips that could help make your day go more smoothly.
Kids & Family:
- Learning Kindness From Home
- Virtual Disney World
- Space Mountain
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It’s A Small World in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- San Diego Kids Zoo
- U.S. National Parks Virtual Tour
- SmokiEEEs - Explore the Great Smoky Mountains with ranger-led activities
- Free Coloring Books
- Michael O'Mara Books (coloring, puzzles, other activities)
- PBS for Kids: Fun and educational activities for kids.
- Childrens Museum - Virtual Activities
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Live Web Cams
- Warrior Canine Connection - Live Puppy Cam
Language and Literacy:
- Unite for Literacy: A collection of audio/picture books that are read aloud to your child
- Reading Rockets-Reading Adventure Packs: Downloadable guides with at-home ideas for books and activities.
- Starfall.com: Educational alternative to entertainment sources.
- Talking Is Teaching: Tips and resources to help you talk, read and sing with your child every day.
Math and Science:
- Math at Home Toolkit: Games, activities, and resources to encourage math learning at home.
- Zeno Math Games: Young learning games to build confidence and excitement about math.
- Early Math Collaborative: Transforming the understanding, teaching and learning of early mathematics from the ground up.
- Story Time From Space: Astronauts reading stories from space.
- NASA at Home
Music and Arts:
- Chrome Music Lab: Explore music and its connections to math, science, art and more.
- Listen and Learn Orchestra: The Dallas Symphony Orchestra offers a listen and learn by instrument.
Movement and Physical Development:
- GoNoodle: "Active screen time" videos to encourage movement.
- CosmicKids: YouTube channcel focused on yoga, calming, and streching for young children.
General Resources for Parents:
- Zero to Three: Collection of trending resources for parents.
- FamilyTips: Positive behavioral support for social and emotional learning.
- First Five CA: Learning activities to support children during their first 5 years.
- KPBS: At home learning, where children matter.
- 125 Ideas to Keep Kids Entertained
Disclaimer: These free resources are intended to be helpful to families. We are not responsible for the content of external sources.