Luanne Bas Executive-in-Residence Award for Student Excellence
During the spring 2022 semester, up to five students will be eligible to receive the Luanne Bas Executive-in-Residence (EIR) Award for Student Excellence. This award opportunity is generously supported by donations from the Bas family, friends and colleagues in memory of longtime CoBA EIR Luanne Bas. Awards are available to qualified College of Business Administration students who are currently enrolled in BUS 300: Business Professional Development (BPD).
"Excellence” in the context of this award recognizes action, growth, integrity, optimism, and risk-taking on the part of the student in relationship to professional development.
The award amount is $500 for each student recipient. We will select up to five students per semester.
- Enrolled in the BUS 300: Business Professional Development course in the semester the award is being offered.
- Selected by their EIR professor and coach to receive the Outstanding BPD Student certificate.
- Demonstrated success in working with the Business Professional Development Executive in Residence coach as defined by the program guidelines.
- In good academic standing and declared a pre-business option or is in business status.
- Satisfactory completion of all course requirements up to the date of the application.
Students who are selected by their coaches/instructors to receive the Outstanding Business Professional Development Student certificate will be invited to apply for the Luanne Bas Executive-in-Residence Award for Student Excellence.
Students must complete an online application. Be prepared to submit the following:
- LinkedIn URL
- Unofficial Transcript (you can download this from MyCSUSM).
- Essay. The essay should be no more than 2 pages, double-spaced, and 12-point font. Please submit an essay that has not been reviewed by your coach or professor.
- The prompt is as follows:
Throughout BUS 300, you have been encouraged to stretch yourself to develop your career and professional development. Our Student of Excellence Award recognizes outstanding students who have demonstrated all, or some, of the following personal qualities: action, growth, integrity, optimism, and risk-taking. In two pages or less, describe how you have demonstrated these qualities and what results you have achieved.
All students enrolled in BUS 300 Business Professional Development for the current semester will be considered by coaches and instructors.
Students who are selected by their coaches/instructors to receive the Outstanding Business Professional Development Student certificate will be invited to apply for the Award.
Students who are selected by their coaches/instructors to receive the Outstanding Business Professional Development Student certificate will be invited to apply for the award. Students who apply and move to the next round will be interviewed by a selection committee. Final decisions will be made no later than the end of the semester. Students will be notified via email regarding their status in the application and review process. Completion of course requirements will be reassessed after the interview process and prior to receiving the award.